New player in the DE world. Karve Shaving Company.

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
Finally got my Karve (with E and F plates) and the first shave was yesterday evening (E). I prefer shorter handles so to order the 3" handle was a no brainer to me. Maybe that was a mistake as the razor is to top heavy and not very well balanced. A longer handle is probably better in that regard. Anyway, no big issue and the handle felt good and not slippery at all. I loaded the razor with my "go to" blade, 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, and went to work. I could definetly feel some blade and it was not as smooth as I thought it would be, but two passes and some touch ups later my face was dolphin smooth with zero irritations. Actually I got the same feeling as with my Blackbird. Not the smoothest during the shave but at the end a great result. Next shave tomorrow morning and I probably choose the E plate again, with the same blade.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Finally got my Karve (with E and F plates) and the first shave was yesterday evening (E). I prefer shorter handles so to order the 3" handle was a no brainer to me. Maybe that was a mistake as the razor is to top heavy and not very well balanced. A longer handle is probably better in that regard. Anyway, no big issue and the handle felt good and not slippery at all. I loaded the razor with my "go to" blade, 7 O'Clock Super Stainless, and went to work. I could definetly feel some blade and it was not as smooth as I thought it would be, but two passes and some touch ups later my face was dolphin smooth with zero irritations. Actually I got the same feeling as with my Blackbird. Not the smoothest during the shave but at the end a great result. Next shave tomorrow morning and I probably choose the E plate again, with the same blade.
Pretty much echoes my experience with the F plate, and I have the same top heavy/short handle issue. Notable difference in efficiency between D and F for me thus far, and it’s not as if the smoothness of the D makes up for it either.

ajc347

Forum GOD!
So, I finally made up my mind and ordered the razor today.

I opted for a 4" handle and the following plates: AA, A, B, D & E.

I decided to go for the extra couple of plates now as I only want to pay one set of delivery and customs charges.

This set up should give me a fair number of options to play with once it arrives.

Thank again for your help guys. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
I’ve had a Karve razor in the 3” handle with the C & D plates and they have shaved fairly well. For anyone that enjoys a bit of a mild, smooth but with decent efficiency, these 2 will work for you with the D being a nice step up. Now, I received my 3.5” handle with the E & F plates and I got around to trying the E plate in tonight’s shave. Very good smoothness with a slight bump in blade feel and efficiency, but nothing to be scared of honestly. It was a very satisfying 2.5 pass shave that left no doubt that the Karve by CB is a serious contender. I feel as though the Karve with the E plate is what the Rockwell 6s should have been with the R6 plate.

Like I said previously, if you like a more milder shave the C & D plate would be an excellent combo for everyday shaving. Let me put it this way. If your a Rockwell 6s/6c fan you will get the feel of an R3,R4 plate with the Karve C plate, only smoother and slightly more efficient. With the Karve D plate you would get an R5 to R6 feel on the 6s but, again smoother and I feel just as efficient if not more so. The Karve E takes the 6s out of the equation in efficiency yet still shaves as smooth as the the 6s with the R6 plate. Might be confusing but, that’s as best as I can explain it.

Overall the shave was fantastic as the 3.5” handle made a big difference for me. It felt better balanced in my hands and my fingers were properly spaced and just felt more comfortable for me. This is an excellent shave system that is meticulously made with precision that is as close to perfection imho. For the $$$ it’s a real steal for the quality that one is getting. Prices will be going up Gents and if you can jump on one now I’d highly recommend and urge you to pick your handle length and base plates and just wait for some really great and enjoyable shaves.....

86544B47-3716-490D-8009-2EC4F383D6B0.jpeg

Last edited:

halvor

a most elusive fish
I’ve had a Karve razor in the 3” handle with the C & D plates and they have shaved fairly well. For anyone that enjoys a bit of a mild, smooth but with decent efficiency, these 2 will work for you with the D being a nice step up. Now, I received my 3.5” handle with the E & F plates and I got around to trying the E plate in tonight’s shave. Very good smoothness with a slight bump in blade feel and efficiency, but nothing to be scared of honestly. It was a very satisfying 2.5 pass shave that left no doubt that the Karve by CB is a serious contender. I feel as though the Karve with the E plate is what the Rockwell 6s should have been with the R6 plate.

Like I said previously, if you like a more milder shave the C & D plate would be an excellent combo for everyday shaving. Let me put it this way. If your a Rockwell 6s/6c fan you will get the feel of an R3,R4 plate with the Karve C plate, only smoother and slightly more efficient. With the Karve D plate you would get an R5 to R6 feel on the 6s but, again smoother and I feel just as efficient if not more so. The Karve E takes the 6s out of the equation in efficiency yet still shaves as smooth as the the 6s with the R6 plate. Might be confusing but, that’s as best as I can explain it.

Overall the shave was fantastic as the 3.5” handle made a big difference for me. It felt better balanced in my hands and my fingers were properly spaced and just felt more comfortable for me. This is an excellent shave system that is meticulously made with precision that is as close to perfection imho. For the $$$ it’s a real steal for the quality that one is getting. Prices will be going up Gents and if you can jump on one now I’d highly recommend and urge you to pick your handle length and base plates and just wait for some really great and enjoyable shaves.....

View attachment 34382
Thanks for the post and especially the note on the handle, Gus. Seems I may have to get myself a 3.5’’...

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the post and especially the note on the handle, Gus. Seems I may have to get myself a 3.5’’...
Thanks amigo. To be honest, if the 3" was the only handle available I could still shave with it and be satisfied. I don't have huge hands but they aren't small either. The 3.5" handle just gives me that extra real estate and is positioned just right with the extra 1/2".

Stoner Shaver

Forum GOD!
Tray Front.jpg

I've never used stock handles with my razor heads, so my experiences with a given razor will vary, accordingly.
I've been experimenting with my Karve F plate (far left) and all I can say honestly is WOW! This was one of those times when the all the reviews that go overboard on how well something performs was totally warranted for me. I actually giggled at how well it worked on my head and face. Shockingly efficient and comfortable. Since I'm not particularly fond of brass, I can't wait to replace this with the stainless version, but until that is released, this will not leave my rotation.

Marine

Forum GOD!
  • orders 1900 to 1999 - ship by August 13 --- has anyone received their shipping notice?

Last edited:

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Over four months now with the Karve and loving D/E/F. Smoothest closest shaves I’ve encountered but that could be the soft Kerry water as well.

Enjoying the Blackbird and 17-4 as well but reaching for the Karve over those is almost automatic.
Which plate would you say is the closest to the 17-4?

Cheers
Rob

vtmax

Forum GOD!
E plate but the Karve is as efficient and smoother for me...but of course the 17-4 was my favorite last Christmas. I can’t imagine anything surpassing the Karve but I said that about the Paradigm so who knows!