New player in the DE world. Karve Shaving Company.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I am, Avnish, and also the D plate now. The efficiency difference is not as great as I had originally thought, now I have a couple of dozen shaves under my belt.
That is good to hear. I have grown fond of the Oristo, Mamba and PILS I'm hoping the C fits somewhere close, although is E isn't even in the bracket of aggressive.

Julman

Forum GOD!
I am, Avnish, and also the D plate now. The efficiency difference is not as great as I had originally thought, now I have a couple of dozen shaves under my belt.
That's good to hear. Just ordered the razor with the D plate and wondered if I should add the F plate. I'll wait (that's for sure) and see how I get along with the D plate.

vtmax

Forum GOD!
Nice report Avnish.

I have settled on C, D & E. The F was nice but a bit too much blade for me.

Love the C for quick daily shaves out the door, D for a bit more efficiency or one less pass and E for Monday weekend growth or anything over 48 hours.

I have been using the Blackbird again and it’s a brilliant razor but I do give the overall edge to the Karve for the same finish and overall smoothness. Everyone in this hobby should have a Karve.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nice report Avnish.

I have settled on C, D & E. The F was nice but a bit too much blade for me.

Love the C for quick daily shaves out the door, D for a bit more efficiency or one less pass and E for Monday weekend growth or anything over 48 hours.

I have been using the Blackbird again and it’s a brilliant razor but I do give the overall edge to the Karve for the same finish and overall smoothness. Everyone in this hobby should have a Karve.
Thanks for the thumbs up and the clear breakdown.

Only owning the E plate, I have had to shave with it for the last 5 shaves. I was kindly offered many opportunities by members here to try pretty much all the plates so thank you.This thread itself sold the razor to me.

Anyway having only spent time on the E plate it has become so smooth and efficient in use. It could easily stand with the best, offering a shave feel that is unqiue and thoroughly enjoyable. The C plate has been playing on my mind, what am I really looking for, well basically the E. Doesn't even need to be smoother! So just interested to see how it feels if it does. If it's milder that's great. If it's less efficient again it would be interesting to experience this difference.

How long have you spent with each plate of you don't mind me asking?

vtmax

Forum GOD!
Mid April with the D plate so I know it well. Early May with the C and June with E&F. The F has more blade feel but the shave is not any closer than the E or D as I know the D really well. The C is like the Mamba but more efficient and even smoother. I’m beginning to think the C is the perfect Mon-Fri plate.

It’s hard to predict how ones skin and shaving style will react to a plate. I know I don’t want to try the AA, A, B or F (again) so C/D/E plates are where the Karve shine.

celestino

Forum GOD!
Anyway having only spent time on the E plate it has become so smooth and efficient in use. It could easily stand with the best, offering a shave feel that is unqiue and thoroughly enjoyable. The C plate has been playing on my mind, what am I really looking for, well basically the E. Doesn't even need to be smoother! So just interested to see how it feels if it does. If it's milder that's great. If it's less efficient again it would be interesting to experience this difference.
Avnish, if you enjoy Plate E, then you'll most likely find the C much too mild, for you.
I have used Plate C for quite a few shaves, now, and it just takes too many passes to replicate the shaves I get with my Blackbirds.
Plate D might be a better fit for you as it is a tad milder than Plate E, but fairly efficient.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Avnish, if you enjoy Plate E, then you'll most likely find the C much too mild, for you.
I have used Plate C for quite a few shaves, now, and it just takes too many passes to replicate the shaves I get with my Blackbirds.
Plate D might be a better fit for you as it is a tad milder than Plate E, but fairly efficient.
Hey Celestino thanks for the heads up, strange thing is I don't find the E plate aggressive at all, once I entertained the correct angke and pressure. Perhaps a milder plate would be a different experience but hardly worth stressing about. Just had to try the C plate out of curiosity :)

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Mid April with the D plate so I know it well. Early May with the C and June with E&F. The F has more blade feel but the shave is not any closer than the E or D as I know the D really well. The C is like the Mamba but more efficient and even smoother. I’m beginning to think the C is the perfect Mon-Fri plate.

It’s hard to predict how ones skin and shaving style will react to a plate. I know I don’t want to try the AA, A, B or F (again) so C/D/E plates are where the Karve shine.
Thank you my friend, I think we have very similar preferences which is definitely useful given your analysis.

qVAMPIREp

Forum GOD!
A,B,and C plates are all excellent for me. I'd equate the A to a Rockwell 6S on 2-3, B to a Rockwell 6S on 3-4, and a C to a Rockwell 6S on 4-5. Really an excellent razor, don't be afraid of the lower plates or "talked" into a higher plate than you need particularily if you are a daily shaver. The C plate is a safe bet for a starting point.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Still so tempted to buy this. If I wanted to go a step down from a .95 timeless, what plate do people think? Presumably a C or D? I know I shouldn’t need to get one but I know I will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
Has anyone received shipping details from Chris after his return from holiday?