Myrsol Blue

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I'm eying up my next aftershave splash from a small selection including Myrsol Blue.

Apart from seeing it described as barbershop I have no idea how it smells. Although I'm more interested in performance I want a pleasant scent.

Can anybody help with more of a description or how it performs?

Quique

Forum GOD!
Hi Damian
It smells similar to Floid Blue, Aqua Velva Ice Blue,...

I personally love Aqua Velva but neither Floid Blue nor Myrsol Blue. Both have a touch of hairspray. In the case of Myrsol blue, the aroma is very weak and lasts five minutes on the face.

In properties I do not think it's the best Myrsol, regardless of the aroma seems to me well below Myrsol Agua de Limón, Formula C or Plastic Shave

I have not tried it, but I've read a lot of people that the new Epsilon lotion that G & C has taken is exactly the same as Floid Blue, to the point that people who use Floid are not able to distinguish one from the other.

https://www.giftsandcare.com/es/aft...r-shave-epsilon-blue-mediterranean-500ml.html

I do not know how hard it is to get this lotion (Brummel). In Spain it is very cheap (€ 8 / 250ml) and in that type of aroma it seems like a marvel. By far my favorite lotion for aroma and properties

9a71dced07cb6dde64d8614af8322395f17819e4.jpg

Alcohol denat, aqua (water), allantoin, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, parfum (fragrance), menthol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate, citral, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, evernia furfuracea extract, evernia prunastri extract, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene, linalool, CI 17200 (red 33), CI 42090 (blue 1)

Last edited:
Hi Damian

I personally love Aqua Velva but neither Floid Blue nor Myrsol Blue. Both have a touch of hairspray. In the case of Myrsol blue, the aroma is very weak and lasts five minutes on the face.

I do not know how hard it is to get this lotion (Brummel). In Spain it is very cheap (€ 8 / 250ml) and in that type of aroma it seems like a marvel. By far my favorite lotion for aroma and properties

View attachment 32497

Alcohol denat, aqua (water), allantoin, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, parfum (fragrance), menthol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate, citral, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, evernia furfuracea extract, evernia prunastri extract, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, limonene, linalool, CI 17200 (red 33), CI 42090 (blue 1)
Antonio Puig makes great products ..for example Agua Brava, Quorum, Penhaligons, Agua Lavanda and many more. I can imagine this lotion must be very good. I would like to try it!

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Hi Damian

In properties I do not think it's the best Myrsol, regardless of the aroma seems to me well below Myrsol Agua de Limón, Formula C or Plastic Shave
Thanks for the info. I tried a sample of aqua Velva a while ago and wasn't keen on the scent. I've gone for the Myrsol Lemon and Plastic.

Dr Watson

James
This pair are a little irritating but worth watching as an introduction to Myrsol:

Blue smells of a mixture between hairspray and hair gel to me (the wet look stuff!) Not unusable but relatively unpleasant for me. I've not tried lemon but its apparently got a good menthol wallop and the plastic is renowned for having the best face feel out of all Mysrol products (it was also their second ever product, after Emulsion.)

HMan

Forum GOD!
A bit late to be helpful, sorry.

I was really disappointed in Myrsol Blue at first.

I was expecting it to be like Floid Blue, but to my nose it's a distant cousin, same with Aqua Velva.

I'm a big fan of both Floid Blue and Aqua Velva as well as the new stuff from Epsilon. However I've also come to really appreciate Myrsol's Blue, it's lighter, no bitter citrus opening, and more powdery and just the right amount of menthol (AV doesn't cut it there for me). It's a great one to wear if you just want a fresh scent and one that is certain to be unoffensive. Some have compared it to the smell of fresh laundry.

If you want to make a Myrsol version of AV put a splash of Blue and Lemon on and you'll have it.

Aqua de Limon is one of my top Myrsol choices, one I will be certain to keep in stock.
Plastic, is interesting, a bit like an auto mechanic holding a bouquet of roses, but I like it.
All of the Myrsol's have a great clean face feel. No added oils etc, which is good or bad, but for me good.

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the input gents. Sounds like I made good choices with the lemon and plastic.

Can't wait to try them, I'm sure the lemon will pair well with my Wickham Club Cola soap.