My new Brush!

Redd

A Right Member
Because each one is have a made, you have no idea what each one is going to turn out like. Preceding, personally is have liked the colours to be "mixed up" a little more, but having said that it is different from other resins I've seen. So I'm more than happy.. Here's to the next one :laugh:
The bronze & black I get, the blue and black I get, all three together would have to grow on me. Bearing in mind I have 7 brushes and six of those are faux-ivory, I'm not exactly Mr Extravagant colour-wise.
Different strokes for different folks.
 

semperfi45

Forum GOD!
Thanks fella, it did look a bit too shiny for a resin. I suppose that the Alu keeps the weight down to give it decent balance.
You are correct. The balance is very good and it hold a ton of lather. The only minor downside would be the loft. It's set at 52mm and I would prefer 49mm to 50mm for badger knots. IMHO.
 

Redd

A Right Member
You are correct. The balance is very good and it hold a ton of lather. The only minor downside would be the loft. It's set at 52mm and I would prefer 49mm to 50mm for badger knots. IMHO.
So is the knot glue stuck into the handle or is it screwed in to an adaptor? I suppose either way you could always change it in future to suit..
 

semperfi45

Forum GOD!
So is the knot glue stuck into the handle or is it screwed in to an adaptor? I suppose either way you could always change it in future to suit..
I'm not sure how the knot was installed. I'll have to check. It works just fine.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
So after 8 weeks my replacement brush is here. The handle quality is still poor, but it is what it is....



after a couple of test lathers, blooming nicely:


The knot is a 27mm Finest set at 55~mm. I can't quite believe how nice it feels for the money, very soft tips, only a little scritch, but I'm thinking this will disappear completely with use. Loads of backbone too, but is doesn't feel stiff if you know what I mean...
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
So after 8 weeks my replacement brush is here. The handle quality is still poor, but it is what it is....



after a couple of test lathers, blooming nicely:


The knot is a 27mm Finest set at 55~mm. I can't quite believe how nice it feels for the money, very soft tips, only a little scritch, but I'm thinking this will disappear completely with use. Loads of backbone too, but is doesn't feel stiff if you know what I mean...
I think this handle looks much better mate, but would be peeved with what appears to be glue above the edge of the handle. Probably will clear with use. Sounds like the density is spot on.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
The brush looks well-suited to bowl lathering. The loft it's been set at would suit my preferences. Glue bump?

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you make peace with it, Lee. If not - move it on and try again.
 
Top