My grandfather’s shave set

Natie

Über Member
Good morning everyone
This was my grandfather’s shave set. He passed away before I was born. Does anyone have any information about it? From what I can tell it could possibly have been made in Engeland.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I can’t offer any info but eBay is full of similar/exact ones like that
Might be worth a look at the descriptions
 

Natie

Über Member
I can’t offer any info but eBay is full of similar/exact ones like that
Might be worth a look at the descriptions
Thank you very much. Ill go have a look. Im from South Africa and not very familiar with ebay.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
Yep! British made, likely 1950s. The razor there is a Knockout.

That set could likely have been sold with a Gillette razor, Wardonia, Souplex or any of the minor British brands. It could also have been sold under the M&S (Marspen) brand or via Woolworths, likely with a Gillette razor.

I must say, I've not seen a Knockout in this format before. It is possible that the razor was not part of the original kit but your Grandfather took a liking to it and kept it with the set. Looking again, the bakelite in the tubes is white, matching the razor. On the flip, entirely possible it's all original. Is there a shaving brush in one of the tubes?

What a nice piece of family history to have! Lovely! Will you use it?
 

Natie

Über Member
Yep! British made, likely 1950s. The razor there is a Knockout.

That set could likely have been sold with a Gillette razor, Wardonia, Souplex or any of the minor British brands. It could also have been sold under the M&S (Marspen) brand or via Woolworths, likely with a Gillette razor.

I must say, I've not seen a Knockout in this format before. It is possible that the razor was not part of the original kit but your Grandfather took a liking to it and kept it with the set. Looking again, the bakelite in the tubes is white, matching the razor. On the flip, entirely possible it's all original. Is there a shaving brush in one of the tubes?

What a nice piece of family history to have! Lovely! Will you use it?
Good evening
Thank you very much. Nope. When i found it everything was empty. No i will not use it. Just keep it at this stage.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Agree with Paul on the Knockout identified. I had one just like it.
However, my experience is much the same and I would be surprised if that Knockout wasn't a replacement for some other razor originally shipped as part of the set.
 
Top