Must Haves.

Bbbbob71

Forum GOD!
OK, I'm on a course all week, so have plenty of spare time to think.
Thought number 1:
What, in your opinion, are the Must Have items of shaving?
Be they: razors, brushes, soap, blades, AS, general shaving miscellany??
Not talking about rarity or unobtainable. Just everyday shaving gear that EVERY wet shaver should have in their den??
 

Nisse

Old geezer
Palmolive stick and cream
Gillette fat handle or slim handle or ball end handle Tech and/or Muhle R41 (2013)
Polsilver blades
Omega no 98 barbershop boar brush
Bowl in plastic for lathering, cheap, light, will not break porcelain or toes if dropped in bathroom
 
Last edited:
I've spent a lot on shaving gear over the years , however one of the things I cannot do without in my shaving set up is good old Witch Hazel . I use it after every shave and also on days I don't shave. I take a big bottle with me when travelling. It works well as an aftershave and I even use it alongside a splash and a balm.
Obviously a sharp razor blade and water are a given I would think.
 

Bbbbob71

Forum GOD!
I reckon a Gillette Adjustable (although I do not get on with my Slim), :cry:
Rockwell 6 (any variation, awesome razor),
Brush-wise, a boar brush. Much underestimated, cheap as chips and a pleasure to use.
Soap: MWF. Divides opinion, but I love it. I even mix it with my favourite scented soap for a shaving extravaganza! Plus the shaving foundation stones of Palmolive, Arko, Derby and Tabac.
Blades: Feather (naturally), Voskhods and Nacets.
AS: changes all the time and from season to season. Currently A&E Oriental Plum. Love it.
Miscellany: a shaving bowl, brush stand and witch hazel.
Job done.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I reckon a Gillette Adjustable (although I do not get on with my Slim), :cry:
Rockwell 6 (any variation, awesome razor),
Brush-wise, a boar brush. Much underestimated, cheap as chips and a pleasure to use.
Soap: MWF. Divides opinion, but I love it. I even mix it with my favourite scented soap for a shaving extravaganza! Plus the shaving foundation stones of Palmolive, Arko, Derby and Tabac.
Blades: Feather (naturally), Voskhods and Nacets.
AS: changes all the time and from season to season. Currently A&E Oriental Plum. Love it.
Miscellany: a shaving bowl, brush stand and witch hazel.
Job done.
That’s a lot of must haves mate.
 
Top