Mundane News

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I only feel justified in complaining about either the heat or the cold temps.

I would be 100% happy with global warming in the winter over my residence and surronding roads to favorite bars.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Rang my surgery, doc ringing me back Friday. You’re quite right best get it checked and know. I have annual checks as father had Glaucoma and his mother too, so they will monitor that and the cataract. We will see what the doc says.
Hope the news is good for you. My father became Type 2 diabetic late in life, mother was treated for glaucoma and some of her family were diabetic. I've been in remission from T2 diabetes for about 5 years and determined to stay that way but have annual checkups at our surgery to monitor, so I know it can be done.

I'm also Southampton born and bred but don't recognise it now, it certainly doesn't feel like home. We've been living in the Fair Oak area near Eastleigh for nearly 34 years now and nothing would entice me back.

All the best.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hope the news is good for you. My father became Type 2 diabetic late in life, mother was treated for glaucoma and some of her family were diabetic. I've been in remission from T2 diabetes for about 5 years and determined to stay that way but have annual checkups at our surgery to monitor, so I know it can be done.

I'm also Southampton born and bred but don't recognise it now, it certainly doesn't feel like home. We've been living in the Fair Oak area near Eastleigh for nearly 34 years now and nothing would entice me back.

All the best.

Regards,
Chris
Thank you Chris. Hope you manage to keep that type 2 under control.

We have friends in Fair Oak. My grandparents lived in Bishopstoke, I use to stay with them and explore the river around there when I was a kid. Whole area around Southampton is crazy busy now. In my late teens Southampton was a great place to go of an evening. We use to start at the Tom Tackle, work our way up through town and end up at The Cowherds. About 20 of us in a mixed group, great memories. But now, I’d avoid the night life, heard some nasty stories. The only thing I miss is my Saints Season ticket. Every home game I’d meet my mate go for a pint or two and a meal, always Goblets, have a good chat then walk down to the ground. We visit from time to time still but are glad to leave. Bideford, North Devon is a much slower pace of life and we have been here eleven years now. I wouldn’t move back.

Mum is in remission from type 2. I have a terrible sweet tooth but have over the last few years cut back, but I do get the odd strong craving and will happily munch a whole bag in one sitting. I do get fatigue from time to time but can’t think of any real symptoms. I do need to loose some weight too.

Take care and stay well mate.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!

All the best.

Regards,
Chris
Most of the in-laws are in Eastleigh proper, Chandler‘s Ford, Hedge End, Winchester, Romsey and Yarmouth (I of W); cousins in Southampton proper.

Francorelli

Forum fella
We use to start at the Tom Tackle, work our way up through town and end up at The Cowherds.
The Cowherds, now that's a blast from the past. I used to drink there now and then, sometimes after dog walking on The Common.

You've made me reminisce about my time in Southampton between 1990-2002. I mostly lived in the Bevois Valley or Portswood area, working in Shirley and Millbrook.

Top haunts were the Joiners Arms (great live music venue), Crown & Sceptre and The Hobbit. I had some mad adventures in Southampton. Haven't been back there since 2005.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
The Cowherds, now that's a blast from the past. I used to drink there now and then, sometimes after dog walking on The Common.

You've made me reminisce about my time in Southampton between 1990-2002. I mostly lived in the Bevois Valley or Portswood area, working in Shirley and Millbrook.

Top haunts were the Joiners Arms (great live music venue), Crown & Sceptre and The Hobbit. I had some mad adventures in Southampton. Haven't been back there since 2005.
Cowherds is still going too. I remember one night finishing up there, 22 people in the group and a round was around £12.50 ! That night one of my friends got very drunk very quickly. Had his bike, think was a Cub, didn’t want to leave it so I punched it home with him all the way to Dale Valley Road, bear the hospital. That must of been mid 80’s

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Doc rang, blood test next Friday.

No news on redundancy, my job I needed to reapply for should of been advertised by now but hasn’t. Not sure if that’s good or bad. Could be good, could mean they won’t be as they have enough who don’t want to continue that role and want redundancy.

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Thank you Chris. Hope you manage to keep that type 2 under control.

We have friends in Fair Oak. My grandparents lived in Bishopstoke, I use to stay with them and explore the river around there when I was a kid. Whole area around Southampton is crazy busy now. In my late teens Southampton was a great place to go of an evening. We use to start at the Tom Tackle, work our way up through town and end up at The Cowherds. About 20 of us in a mixed group, great memories. But now, I’d avoid the night life, heard some nasty stories. The only thing I miss is my Saints Season ticket. Every home game I’d meet my mate go for a pint or two and a meal, always Goblets, have a good chat then walk down to the ground. We visit from time to time still but are glad to leave. Bideford, North Devon is a much slower pace of life and we have been here eleven years now. I wouldn’t move back.

Mum is in remission from type 2. I have a terrible sweet tooth but have over the last few years cut back, but I do get the odd strong craving and will happily munch a whole bag in one sitting. I do get fatigue from time to time but can’t think of any real symptoms. I do need to loose some weight too.

Take care and stay well mate.
Cowherds, Goblets, Joiners Arms, The Hobbit, some real blasts from the past. Happy memeories but now Southampton's night life now has a reputation for trouble, another reason to steer clear. We lived in Bishopstoke for a year before moving here. Much quieter in Fair Oak, although not always trouble free.

I'd tried to avoid sweets, cakes, biscuits, etc, but cutting out bread, or at least cutting right down, made a significant difference, as did regular exercise. I started to steadily lose weight which also helped to put the T2 into remission. As our son used to say, "learn to resist the sugar tyrany". Hope the blood test goes well for you.

@Rufusdog: We corresponded for a while when you sold me your New Forest brush, thank you. It's giving great service, hope you're keeping well. Having lost all correspondence relating to it in various computer crashes, can you remind which model it was, please? Your wife's family is very well represented in this area, although I imagine Coronavirus has effectively scuppered chances to visit this year. Stay safe and try again next year.

Regards,
Chris

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Chris, I’ve sold 3 New Forest brushes in 2017 and 218, but have no record of them on this site. I should have a written paper record, however, in my Brush File, which I’ll go through and PM you with my findings. NF are great brushes and I wish I’d kept one.

Just for your amusement folks...I recently got an air purifier, and after a rather large expulsion of arse gas I can see the unit is efficient .. the red symbol means the air is toxic ! :laugh:
Fortunately the smell is gone and the icon has gone back to green! What can I say I had beans for my tea. (Dinner)
8E4B3773-C2E9-441D-B0C3-91DB6D779528.jpg

Last edited:

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
Chris, I’ve sold 3 New Forest brushes in 2017 and 218, but have no record of them on this site. I should have a written paper record, however, in my Brush File, which I’ll go through and PM you with my findings. NF are great brushes and I wish I’d kept one.
Bryan,
You sold this brush via The Shaving Room forum but I've lost all my records between our computer crashes and a TSR server crash. But no problem if you can't find any info, please don't knock yourself out over it.

NF are really great brushes, my favourite of the few I have and rightly sought after. I've only managed to buy one other so far but I keep looking.

Regards,
Chris