Menthol crystals how do I best use?

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Hi guys, so wanting to get into some aftershave Alchemy and having heard about adding menthol crystals to your stock splashes I wanted to get some input from any of you who'd tried this or who do it on a regular basis. Sort of questions I guess that would be good to get your thoughts on are:
What brand do you buy?
How much do you add?
Do you have a certain technique to dissolving them into the aftershave?
Do the crystals affect plastic bottles?

So in my head taking it back to chemistry class i'd want to take a small amount of aftershave in another small glass, crush and add the crystals to that glass, slightly warm the glass on a radiator to help dissolve the crystals and then reintroduce the combined mixture back into the bottle.
I think i'm over complicating it lol but my OCD just kicked in.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Test it on your skin first, apart from that your method to dishonor is sound. Brands are not too important I use Bells.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Listen to the pharmacy manager above :)

I got mine from ebay, largely because I had difficulty finding it available in Norway. Might be easier in UK.

My MO: Crushed it, dissolved it in alcohol and added along with aloe, witch hazel, glycerine and essential oil to an originally non-alc AS/tonic (Mod Cabin Backwoods). Need to make some more; perhaps I'll try a full Halvormix this time. Plenty of recipes for that out there. Your method is the easiest of course, and as long as there's alcohol, it should dissolve - until saturated.