March 2022 Acquisition

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Please share your thoughts when you use it 🙂
So far so good. After the first use I can say that I like it better than the previous generation. Mainly because it is easier to splay. As a result, it also feels a bit less springy in the face. It still has good backbone and a nice amount of scrub. It‘s not going to replace a nice badger for face feel, but it is as good as I have tried for a synthetic.
The lather, of course, is excellent.
 

J349

Forum GOD!
So far so good. After the first use I can say that I like it better than the previous generation. Mainly because it is easier to splay. As a result, it also feels a bit less springy in the face. It still has good backbone and a nice amount of scrub. It‘s not going to replace a nice badger for face feel, but it is as good as I have tried for a synthetic.
The lather, of course, is excellent.
Thank you Alex 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: p.b

johnwillyums

Senior Member
Mail call.
Hi folks,
This just came in the mail from Shaving Time.
It's a mixed badger and boar hair brush. I thought I'd give it a try.
It feels quite stiff, like it has a good backbone.
I've lathered it up with some Arko, to clean it out, and put it in some water to soak.
It lathered up really well. I shall try it later and report back.
Cheers, John
DSCF8167.jpg
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
I'd be interested to know your thoughts on this one mate.
First shave tomorrow. First impression on opening the package is very good. The packaging is excellent, actually very similar to something you would expect from an apple product. The razor has a very solid feel to it.
 
Top