Manhattan - Where to go?

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Hi all.

Although having had two previous visits I never had the time or inclination to address my shaving needs whilst in NY. Now my youngest is relocating there in the VERY near future can anybody across the pond ( or otherwise ) flag up the best places there to buy in general ? Aside from high end USA razors also thinking about loading her case with some Stirling soaps at the very least.

Regards
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
Pasteur's is definitely the best place in Manhattan to go to. There are two stores but the one iamsms mentioned on 34th Street is the better of the two. They have more product. They have razors but if you are looking for one store that carries all sorts of artisan razors, I don't think you're going to find that in NYC. But the soaps, creams and aftershaves selection is the best I've ever seen. If Stirling is what you're after they have a large selection of their stuff. As well as mostly everything else you might be interested in. Enjoy and bring a nice sized empty suitcase to bring back lots of stuff.
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Pasteur's is definitely the best place in Manhattan to go to. There are two stores but the one iamsms mentioned on 34th Street is the better of the two. They have more product. They have razors but if you are looking for one store that carries all sorts of artisan razors, I don't think you're going to find that in NYC. But the soaps, creams and aftershaves selection is the best I've ever seen. If Stirling is what you're after they have a large selection of their stuff. As well as mostly everything else you might be interested in. Enjoy and bring a nice sized empty suitcase to bring back lots of stuff.
MANY thanks
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
If you're out at night, I'd recommend walking down any dark alley and asking the first person you meet where to find something interesting. Never fails.
 

MntnMan62

Forum GOD!
If you still happen to be here and you are a jazz fan, I highly suggest checking out some music at either the Iridium, Jazz Standard, Blue Note, Village Vanguard, 55 Bar, Dizzy's Club at Rose Hall and Birdland. There are other places as well but these are the bigger ones with name talent. NYC's music scene is really something to take advantage of while here because there is so much to choose from. Bleeker Street has some places that feature live music like The Bitter End, Zinc Bar, Red Lion to name a few. Enjoy your stay.
 
Top