Karve copper

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Afternoon gentleman. I had an email the other day of Chris telling me the copper is coming into stock soon, I emailed him back to tell him my handle size and the plates I want. Haven’t heard anything back. Have any of you had the email or know any more information I do as to when the copper is back in stock. Sincerest respects as always. J.
 

Masamune

Forum GOD!
Copper is coming soon, I had an email from Chris over the weekend.

"We have a fresh batch of copper razor parts that is ready to ship, but it has not been added to our store yet (our inventory is not large enough for a full-scale release yet)."
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Just popping a thought here. I have Karve brass and have never used Copper razor.
Am not sure what to expect. Thoughts?
 

Morpheus

Forum GOD!
Just popping a thought here. I have Karve brass and have never used Copper razor.
Am not sure what to expect. Thoughts?
Copper is softer than brass, brass is softer than SS. Copper is more conductive, other than gold & silver (not like that matters) It also gains patina much quicker than brass, and has a dirty penny smell. I would assume once the coating has worn of after a few months it will need to be polished fairly regularly, otherwise you will get 'green hand'.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Copper is softer than brass, brass is softer than SS. Copper is more conductive, other than gold & silver (not like that matters) It also gains patina much quicker than brass, and has a dirty penny smell. I would assume once the coating has worn of after a few months it will need to be polished fairly regularly, otherwise you will get 'green hand'.
Renaissance Wax is your friend
 

Randomangle

Über Bum
Copper is softer than brass, brass is softer than SS. Copper is more conductive, other than gold & silver (not like that matters) It also gains patina much quicker than brass, and has a dirty penny smell. I would assume once the coating has worn of after a few months it will need to be polished fairly regularly, otherwise you will get 'green hand'.
Yes copper oxidisation is more colourful than its brass counterpoint. :D
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Thank you all. So I gather that other than a slightly different face feel I am still left to grapple with verdigris. I do have a copper handle Zenith boar brush and can't really bring myself to shine it up every so often.
I am going to pass on this razor unless I am tempted with a BST price I can't resist :D
 

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
The main reason I want the copper is because of the uniqueness. Not many copper and brass razors are out there compared to our much beloved ss counterparts. And from what I’ve gathered for the karve materials are very scarce. So I want to be aboard that train when it leaves the station. Sincerest respects as always gentleman. J.
 
Top