July 2022 Acquisitions

LeeMaz

Forum GOD!
Fancy posting full-on reviews for them?
Hereā€™s my take on Garden of Bali and The Final Cut from my shave of the day. Not sure where to pop it review wise.

SOTD: 23/07/2022

Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Garden of Bali Puck
Aftershave: PAA Garden of Bali Aftershave
Balm: Lā€™OrĆ©al All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I thought Iā€™d dive straight into my new set from PAA today, itā€™s just the standard not the CK6 base, but this seems to have changed and improved from the old tub of High Jump I have. It seems a thicker and creamer, but as with all the PAA bases is incredibly easy to lather. The scent cut and pasted from their site, Flighty top notes of lime, lemon, grapefruit, orange, orange blossom and sea salt. Middle notes of ambergris, seaweed and ozone. Base notes of amber, moss, benzoin, Cedar and bamboo. Iā€™ve got a slight cold and am not great describing scents at the best of times but this isnā€™t what I expected from the description. I expected a citrus and marine heavy scent but to my untrained nose I only get a hint of citrus, mainly grapefruit, something floral possibly the orange blossom, the ozone and seaweed all combine to produce something akin to a lemongrass and almost carnation scent, (I havenā€™t smelt carnations in years Iā€™d point out though!) none of this is unpleasant, just not what I expected. Itā€™s a lovely fresh spring/summer scent which will definitely stay in the den for now, Iā€™m just not sure itā€™s completely a winner for me. Itā€™s always good to try something new and I wanted to try an original scent rather than a dupe, itā€™s just funny how despite all the scents being my usual favourites this isnā€™t quite the instant win for me.
The Final Cut was amazing on setting 4, it mowed down my stubble with ease, I dropped to 2 on the second pass and back up to 3 on my final pass, with a glass like finish. Itā€™s safe to say Iā€™ve found an adjustable I get on with can use on multiple settings and so may now have to reevaluate my opinion of the brass version being too expensive! If they did a matte version I could use it everyday happily.
Anyway this SOTD has turned into a bit of a review. Enjoy the weekend guys Iā€™m off to see Richard Ashcroft, Supergrass and Sleeper at Splendour so reliving the 90ā€™s and Britpop of my youth.

Borygmi

Forum GOD!
image.jpg

Decided to get the matching splashes for a couple of soaps I picked up on the bst - there didnā€™t seem to be any stock of diver down in the uk so had to order from the US, thought it would be rude not to pick up the Sea spiced lime set at the same timeā€¦

churchilllafemme

Forum GOD!
An excellent mail call today. First, I got a new Blutt razor. These have received rave reviews, and I'm looking forward to using it.

And second, two 5-ounce tubes of vintage Penhaligon's Racquets Formula shaving cream. I hate the word unobtainium, but if anything fits the definition, it is this cream. In all my years of shaving, this is the only time I have ever seen it offered for sale.

J349

Forum GOD!
An excellent mail call today. First, I got a new Blutt razor. These have received rave reviews, and I'm looking forward to using it.

And second, two 5-ounce tubes of vintage Penhaligon's Racquets Formula shaving cream. I hate the word unobtainium, but if anything fits the definition, it is this cream. In all my years of shaving, this is the only time I have ever seen it offered for sale.
What gap did you went for? Curious with your thoughts.

Boycie83

Space Cadet
Birthday haul:

20220726_182225.jpg

My wife agreed to buy me the Myers SR that came from @JamieM and I bought myself the Shavemac Germania - arrived from Bernd just in time. The Timeless Crown Ti handle and Seaforth Lime are currently en-route from the US and are the gifts from mother. As you've probably gathered, the sourcing of all these gifts was done by me :D

hdb3326

Forum GOD!
Birthday haul:

View attachment 119481

My wife agreed to buy me the Myers SR that came from @JamieM and I bought myself the Shavemac Germania - arrived from Bernd just in time. The Timeless Crown Ti handle and Seaforth Lime are currently en-route from the US and are the gifts from mother. As you've probably gathered, the sourcing of all these gifts was done by me :D
Happy Birthday Chris, hope you've had a great day!