Holyzeus
Forum GOD!
Most of us haveOh believe me I have been there several times.
Razors is one thing I will and can now control
Most of us haveOh believe me I have been there several times.
Only nicking the loo rollDo you get any problems with Koala’s?
I ended up using inexpensive products to the extent that you enjoy their limited positive attributes. Then you go back to the expensive product and relapse. Money and time spent, to produce a realisation that is already understood; expensive products generally perform better (IMO). Victims of marketing when we already know what works for us.It is true. Maybe start buying some inexpensive products you wouldnt buy before, and appreciate the way they perform for the money.
I rather think that mid-price products perform best. The quality is good and they're priced to sell well. Things like the VW Golf, Canon SLRs, R41 and Karve razors, Yaqi synthetics......... expensive products generally perform better (IMO).

This is where YMMV enters the fray. IMO experience and skill add value, so old Japanese steel, Sabini-Paladin original knots, PILS, Solingen steel etc is my preference (most of these are high end). With regards to other consumables, most modern products are built with a shelf life, marketing is the potion for adding 'masked' value beyond material quality.I rather think that mid-price products perform best. The quality is good and they're priced to sell well. Things like the VW Golf, Canon SLRs, R41 and Karve razors, Yaqi synthetics.....
Some last the test of time, such as Speick and Professor Blighty IMO.From my experience the cheap balms don't perform that good for me. I must chase high end post shave products.
Hi Jamie, I did mate. I bought a couple of nice razors from @Billyfergie who honed them for me. I also bought a naniwa 12K stone and made my own strop. I really enjoyed the first pass, hated the second with a vengance. The 2nd pass bloody terrified me. All that stropping and with the edge being so easy to roll due to poor technique I lost any semblance of enthusiasm for SR shaving pretty quickly so I sold up. I am though seriously thinking of buying another and giving it another go.Take up using a straight razor, you will never become bored with this form of shaving, too much maintenance so many different aspects to this very challenging form of shaving.
I don't see why it's sad. You yourself admit that you still enjoy shaving immensely, which is all that matters. Having zero appetite to buy only seems like an additional bonus. You get to have all the fun and no need to spend extra money. What's more to ask?It's a sad state of affairs when an enthusiastic wet shaver like myself just cannot find anything interesting to buy. Truly, I can't, this is the first time since I started this 'hobby' that I honestly have zero appetite for buying. I look all the time but nothing gets the juices flowing anymore. Soap leaves me cold, blades, and brushes too. I shave every other day and love it, every single shave is a pleasure but the buying side is hard work at the moment. I never would have thought it.