Is it just me?

donnie_arko

Forum GOD!
Is it just me that gets bored to high heaven with shaving soaps? I know they are cheap but seeing them on my shelf day after day after day bores the pants off me. As we all know a used soap, even just opened is worth about a quarter of it's original value so it's best to just chuck it and buy something exciting again. I am over Black Ship grooming soaps, weak on scent but good performance, I have 5 tubs and they are worth nowt so they are getting re purposed as landfill. I really need something exciting in my life now I don't buy razors and brushes.
I'm with you Wayne, I have periods of being bored by new shaving acquisitions be it soaps or blades, as I'm fairly set on my razors and brushes.

Sometimes it's ok to have occasions where a shave is just a shave and not a day researching or trying something new.
 

Stonec0ld

Forum GOD!
I'm not quite at that stage, I'll happily use what I have but I'm not interested in buying anything new, be it Razors Brushes or soaps. Maybe when I use some up I might, but I've lost that thrill of chasing for the next amazing thing.
 

Vacumatic

Testy
I have now reached the stage where I have the right kit for me and the way that I shave, being razor, blade and brush. The only variable for me is the cream or soap, cupboard full of that stuff and my go to soap, Cella, lasts a very long time
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I have now reached the stage where I have the right kit for me and the way that I shave, being razor, blade and brush. The only variable for me is the cream or soap, cupboard full of that stuff and my go to soap, Cella, lasts a very long time
Same here really, you reach a stage where, well, really you have perhaps too much.
 

fly3k

Forum GOD!
I got to that stage a while ago but have kept all the soaps. I’d suggest maybe putting some away for a while and just keep a small amount out and give them some regular use and when you get bored go back to the box. You’ll be surprised what you forget you have.

The best part is when you get real close to finishing it up like this P&B soap
2EB98305-010A-4EAB-9613-C6266818BE26.jpeg
 
Top