In the market for a Single Edge (Mongoose style)

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
As above, I'm in the market for the above.

I have tried (and thoroughly enjoyed) a B3 Mongoose, but am reluctant to pull the trigger due to my paranoia of purchasing online from abroad (bad previous experiences).

What SE's in the style of the Mongoose are readily available in the UK that are similar in the shave experience? As always gents, your thoughts and opinions are very much appreciated.

Cheers :)

MPH

Forum GOD!
To be fair I haven't tried any of the mongoose clones, but I'd be surprised if they were any better, as I personally find the mongoose superb!

I'd give the BST a go as there isn't really a lot to go wrong with the 'goose, so a second hand one should be fine.... Especially if it were one of the Matt finished ones.

Either way, good luck with your hunt! :)

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Mongooses are a bargain these days as the plethora of new shiny stuff hit used prices. It's a great razor, although I rarely used my custom one. I think the only readily available SE's are the Claymore and maybe the SE1 if Executive stock it.
Claymore reviews are mixed, I personally loved the SE1
Other than that there are plenty of ones you can import over, the General is highly regarded and easy to get via Kyle

Reactions: MPH

MPH

Forum GOD!
Mongooses are a bargain these days as the plethora of new shiny stuff hit used prices. It's a great razor, although I rarely used my custom one. I think the only readily available SE's are the Claymore and maybe the SE1 if Executive stock it.
Claymore reviews are mixed, I personally loved the SE1
Other than that there are plenty of ones you can import over, the General is highly regarded and easy to get via Kyle
Custom mongoose??? I LOVE MONGOOSES (Mongeese???). Any chance of a pic?

Slant_Fan

Über Member
I've got a Mongoose 2nd build, and it is a very aggressive razor. Comparable to a Muhle R-41 2011 in my hand. I also got a first gen ATT SE-1 and find it to be very effective but not quite as aggressive as my Mongoose. Now there is the SE-2, which I've not tried, and I hear it is a step up in aggressiveness. If you like a medium aggressive SE I've seen SE-1s available on forums, or the bay, from time to time. Nice razor.

kypros

Forum GOD!
If you want to go for the Claymore, it's a great razor that needs taming with technique and/or the different blades.
Otherwise go for the General which is a milder one which gives great shaves every day.
I have both, actually all three, the General in bras, in alu. and the V2 Claymore. If I don't shave for up to three days, the General with a pro is fine. On the fourth day, things get tough for the general and I use the Claymore with brilliant results.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
As above, I'm in the market for the above.

I have tried (and thoroughly enjoyed) a B3 Mongoose, but am reluctant to pull the trigger due to my paranoia of purchasing online from abroad (bad previous experiences).

What SE's in the style of the Mongoose are readily available in the UK that are similar in the shave experience? As always gents, your thoughts and opinions are very much appreciated.

Cheers :)
Mate forget the fear of buying from abroad and get a general! Its the best

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Take the plunge and buy a General. Head only if need be. Kyle marks down value on customs declaration (or he may mark as a sample ?? I can remember) abut easy to buy and I think the Head only is like $30 delivered?
I don't think there is a better AC SE at the moment..

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Take the plunge and buy a General. Head only if need be. Kyle marks down value on customs declaration (or he may mark as a sample ?? I can remember) abut easy to buy and I think the Head only is like $30 delivered?
I don't think there is a better AC SE at the moment..
+1

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Thanks for your ideas gents. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I've suggested to the wife to hold fire on buying any presents for now.