I'm done buying soaps from now on...

• Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

chazt

Forum !
Some irritate the skin(although this is not the case with Wholly Kaw , but some others are offensive like Merchant of Tobacco in particular.)

Also I have yet to find a good scent from a US artisan. Neither can @Rowlers , right? Ok except Stirling.
There are a handful that aren’t strong up the wazoo. I like Asylum Shave Works Royal Fougere and Old Virginia (tobacco scented - it smells like a freshly opened package of Marlboros, or a new bag of pipe tobacco) now available on closeout from BullGoose. Barrister and Mann Oceana brings me back to the Maryland shore every time I lather it, and B&M Diamond totally and completely knocks my socks off! I’m sockless. Bereft of socks. Sans socks. It truly does smell like an old time day at a baseball game; leather, turf, soil, beer, pretzels. It’s outrageously seductive to this old Yankees fan. SWMBO likes it too which is a major plus!

D

Deleted member 1881

Doesn't help. I've left the lid off for days. As soon as I close the lid, the scent starts building up again. I'm even starting to think it's the whey that's giving me that dry cat food smell.
Probably, but I prefer the cat food than the smell of Merchant of Tobacco, a terrible, offensive smell in my opinion Cobra, along with the devil's reject, Sni Mato.

Also, I noticed that the lather isn't than heavy than Excelsior or A&E, so Siero goes third, or fourth in my preference.

Stirling's lather is denser.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Probably, but I prefer the cat food than the smell of Merchant of Tobacco, a terrible, offensive smell in my opinion Cobra, along with the devil's reject, Sni Mato.

Also, I noticed that the lather isn't than heavy than Excelsior or A&E, so Siero goes third, or fourth in my preference.

Stirling's lather is denser.
Yeah Merchant of Tobacco is probably the worst soap scent I've ever smelled. I even make jokes about it. If I ever end up in a coma, just position my Merchant of Tobacco soap sample just under my nose and I'll wake up cursing like crazy.

D

Deleted member 1881

Yeah Merchant of Tobacco is probably the worst soap scent I've ever smelled. I even make jokes about it. If I ever end up in a coma, just position my Merchant of Tobacco soap sample just under my nose and I'll wake up cursing like crazy.
Don't like that kind of jokes, health related TBH.

I always hope and wish you to be well, healthy, strong and keep buying and enjoying soaps!! :)

D

Deleted member 1881

Do you catch any alcohol in MOT?

Rubiks

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the input. I love Seville and looking forward to trying the Excelsior base (had white label now on reserve), with the mixed feedback I'll prob stay clear of WK

Grarea

Forum Plod
After seeing all of my den, I really can't believe the amount of shaving products that I have.

So, I won't buy any more soaps/creams even if I find them dirt cheap.

I really don't feel the need to try anything else..
Nice one Randy.
I am kind of the same.
Just been through what i have accumulated (all second hand) with the intention of testing.
Some stung slightly, so easy decision.
Then I just kept the few that i liked the most.
I wouldn't use the ones that I don't find up to scratch. Why would I?
I shall move the rest on.
I have kept about half a dozen makes. Which makes about a dozen pots.
Which is something like 600-1200 shaves or something. I only shave 2-3 times a week atm
Oh, and one of those is a nearly new MDC.
So, worst case scenario i am left with four years before I need another soap.
I don't need to store anything that long really.

I have enjoyed trying loads out though and would thoroughly recommend it.