If you find The One

RSSO

SOD of the day
It’s not really about finding it per se, it’s about thinking you have found it, a result or decision in which other variables also factor in. Like how much you’ve spent, etc. I fear I will never find ‘THE one’, as in being 100% set, knowing full well I have many ‘ones’ lined up already. Thrill is in the chase AND in the hit/closing/whatever you want to call it. The acquisition, the shave, the variation — and the forum exchanges. It’s a hobby, otherwise I wouldn’t be in here, would I?
Spot on [emoji106]
 

R181

Grumpy old man
As long as you are into this as a hobby there will never be "the one" just the joyful never ending quest for "the one". OTH if you just wanted to get a good traditional wet shave and have accomplished that to your personal satisfaction then you have "the one", are done and not on these forums any longer. Obviously I am in the first group.

Bob
 

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I haven't counted but I probably have 15-20 DE razors; about 3/4 of which are vintage Gillettes, the oldest being a lovely New Improved, the most handsome double edge razor I've ever seen. I wouldn't trade or sell most of them, but truth be told for the past several years the only razors I've used have been a black handled Super Speed from the 70s and a Fatip Grande that gets used for a week (in other words, for one blade) 3 or 4 times a year.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I'm personally not looking for "the one." As long as I am getting good shaves I am happy. I enjoy looking for bargains, I enjoy trying new things; even a new never tried before blade brings new joy...
We should simple enjoy this as a hobby, enjoy the chat between Gents, if you find "the one" then even better!
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I have found 'The One' for DE, SE, Brush and Blade.

The only problem was that I didn't know I had found them until I had bought and sold subsequent ones.

There are still razors and brushes that tempt me, but I keep telling myself they won't be any better than what I already have.

Being seriously disappointed with the Asylum RX has helped.
 
Top