I guess I am a Wilkinson man

Frank Discussion

Active Member
New member and new to shaving with a double edge safety razor. About a week ago I picked up a new Wilkinson TTO long handled chrome double edge razor at Walmart. I had been using it with just canned shave foam but today I found some Wilkinson shave soap and a Wilkinson brush. The razor, soap and brush all cost me less than $35 total. I just ordered 100 blades from Shaver Boy for $8.

My first shave with this kit will Sunday!
 

Frank Discussion

Active Member
Have not used that one, but it should be fine. 👍
Thanks for your input. It was an impulse buy since I just happen to be at a Walmart and checked their shaving supplies and both the brush and soap were there. They were sold out of both last time I was there. I really like the razor as it gives a smooth shave after just two passes. Even with the budget brush and soap it will give me a chance to learn how to use them until I get a nicer brush and try different soaps and shaving creams. Who knows I may even buy another razor too to try out!

Here's a photo.
 

Steve

Boomer Member
New member and new to shaving with a double edge safety razor. About a week ago I picked up a new Wilkinson TTO long handled chrome double edge razor at Walmart. I had been using it with just canned shave foam but today I found some Wilkinson shave soap and a Wilkinson brush. The razor, soap and brush all cost me less than $35 total. I just ordered 100 blades from Shaver Boy for $8.

My first shave with this kit will Sunday!
There are support groups where you can find the help you need, and the anonymity you deserve. Good luck! :laugh:
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Thanks for your advice...guess I'll just move onto another place where they welcome new members.
:(
Welcome to the forum...do not mind the joshing, in next to no time you will get an idea of the, shall we say, diverse and colourful characters and I include myself in that description, who make up the forum membership. You made a great step into wet shaving and you will be able to contribute your experience and learn from others in next to no time. If you PM me your address I can drop a boar brush and a soap sample or two in the post...
 

Steve

Boomer Member
Thanks for your advice...guess I'll just move onto another place where they welcome new members.
:(
Most of us, myself included, started with the dreaded blue bowl, and it was only from others did we learn that there were other options available. Hang around, and you'll soon find out just how many options there are. I had the same blue bowl and £2 brush for over six months. Anything that gets you started with this hobby is a good thing. :wave:
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Welcome to ATG, a perfectly usable set up that should bring many years of enjoyment.
 
Top