How to use glycerin in order to improve lather?

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
So, the other day I bought some cheap basic glycerin at Boots. My plan was to start über lathering, but I just did a simple trial with a Palmolive stick, which is an average good soap in my experience but leaves my skin rather dry and has barely satisfactory protection.

Few drops of glycerin dramatically improve the quality of the lather produced with Palmolive, offering good protection and glide. No doubt that added to a better soap (Tabac or MWF for instance), glycerin will greatly increase their intrinsic qualities.

I did not, however, manage to achieve über lathering with the Palmostick (I just rubbed the stick on my face/beard, face lathered a little and then add the glycerin).
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
How much glycerin did you add? Your second paragraph and third seem to contradict each other, unless your second is quoted from elsewhere?

Too much glycerin will make things a tad sticky.
 

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
No contradictions, quality-wise: about 5-6 drops gave a slick lather (like crème chantilly, no sticky texture); quantity-wise: but not a tremendous amount, likely because of a little soap on my face I guess. Does it make sense?

To be honest I achieve the same result just with MWF.
 

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
So you created a slicker lather but couldn't uber lather?

The only question can be: What is uber lather, to you?
 

Cristobal

Forum GOD!
Well, I thought (maybe mistakenly) über latering meant also a big load of lather beside the slickness.
 

vita

Mach 5 Turbo Fusion
I think it's meant to be soap + cream + glycerine for the full effect.
 
Top