How I create my SOTD pictures

celestino

Forum GOD!
Very elaborate and your photos are very well executed.

I wish I could have something similar as I have no light-box and I usually just shoot outdoors in natural light, or on rainy and dark days, I shoot in the house which has very limited lighting.

It would be interesting to use a dedicated editing format such as Lightbox or Photoshop. My very simplistic editing features of adjusting saturation and brightness/contrast in Gimp leave much to be improved. :blush:
 

R181

Grumpy old man
Thanks for posting that excellent tutorial video. Unfortunately I'm just too lazy to go to that kind of effort for a SOTD photo. Love looking at the results of people who do take time and effort though.

Bob
 

koenfucius

Forum GOD!
Fascinating thread. You always have beautiful pictures, Chris. I don't have the knowledge or equipment to achieve something which would somewhat approximate your pictures.
Anyway, since i usually shave at 6.00 a.m., I am already satisfied if I manage a quick smartphone picture[emoji16]
 

ChrisVanMeer

theshavingdutchman
Out of interest Chris. How much did all that equipment cost?
Camera
------
Canon 60D Body -> € 800
Canon EF Lens 50mm 1:1.8 STM -> € 120
Canon BG-E9 Battery grip -> € 50
Canon DR-E6 DC coupler -> € 20
Canon AC-E6 adapter -> € 20

Tripod
------
Manfrotto 055XB tripod -> € 100
Manfrotto 410 3-way geared pan-and-tilt head -> € 180
Manfrotto 410PL quick release plate -> € 25

Remote trigger
--------------
Hähnel Captur Receiver -> € 80
Hähnel Captur Module - Timer -> € 80

Lighting
--------
Bresser BR-2240 Daylight set 1875W -> € 240
IKEA desk light with Trådfri dimmable bulb -> € 40
KlikAanKlikUit APA3-1500R wall plug (2x) -> € 20
KlikAanKlikUit APA2-2300R wall plug -> € 20
KlikAanKlikUit AYCT-102 remote -> € 20
"Light Painting" App -> € 0

Software
--------
Adobe Lightroom Classic CC -> € 10 a month, together with Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 -> see above
Helicon Focus (for when using focus stacking) -> € 120
Nik Collection by DxO 2018 -> € 80

This is however a collection that was build over the years, so the price above may not be the current price of the item.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Camera
------
Canon 60D Body -> € 800
Canon EF Lens 50mm 1:1.8 STM -> € 120
Canon BG-E9 Battery grip -> € 50
Canon DR-E6 DC coupler -> € 20
Canon AC-E6 adapter -> € 20

Tripod
------
Manfrotto 055XB tripod -> € 100
Manfrotto 410 3-way geared pan-and-tilt head -> € 180
Manfrotto 410PL quick release plate -> € 25

Remote trigger
--------------
Hähnel Captur Receiver -> € 80
Hähnel Captur Module - Timer -> € 80

Lighting
--------
Bresser BR-2240 Daylight set 1875W -> € 240
IKEA desk light with Trådfri dimmable bulb -> € 40
KlikAanKlikUit APA3-1500R wall plug (2x) -> € 20
KlikAanKlikUit APA2-2300R wall plug -> € 20
KlikAanKlikUit AYCT-102 remote -> € 20
"Light Painting" App -> € 0

Software
--------
Adobe Lightroom Classic CC -> € 10 a month, together with Photoshop
Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 -> see above
Helicon Focus (for when using focus stacking) -> € 120
Nik Collection by DxO 2018 -> € 80

This is however a collection that was build over the years, so the price above may not be the current price of the item.
How much! :eek: OMG, for taking photo's?...That's photo's, not driving in.
 
Top