Homelike start razor 1.18 characteristics but longer thread

Sami

Forum GOD!
Normally i dont use agressive razors due to sensitive skin but after an impulsive buy of the homelike start 1.18 i was shocked never have i shaved with such a high blade gap like that it shaved like a dream extremely smooth yet very efficient but unfortunately it has a short thread and i always use plastic washers on my razors it hardly has any thread left to grip the head to the handle does anybody know of a razor with the same characteristics of the homelike start 1.18 with a longer thread?

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
To be honest, I wouldn‘t worry too much about the finish with the Start razors. You could try an even thinner washer if you must have one. The search for a similar razor could be endless. Like starting from the very beginning.
BTW, the longest thread/mounting post I have encountered is on my Karve. Bit of a pain actually. And the Karve shaves nothing like the Start.

Martini

Forum GOD!
Homelike has other handles on their list of accessories. I always use thick washers and never had any thread problems with Homelike razor. My hadle of choice for this razor was "Bulava".

Olive

Forum GOD!
i have the same problem , for me the handle is too short and i like the handle is heavy and much longer . I command a voedeva handle .
But its subjective and sensation are différent between users .

slapo

It's... alive!
Normally i dont use agressive razors due to sensitive skin but after an impulsive buy of the homelike start 1.18 i was shocked never have i shaved with such a high blade gap like that it shaved like a dream extremely smooth yet very efficient but unfortunately it has a short thread and i always use plastic washers on my razors it hardly has any thread left to grip the head to the handle does anybody know of a razor with the same characteristics of the homelike start 1.18 with a longer thread?
How much of the thread are you left with? I use a washer as well and I have a bunch of turns before it's screwed finger-tight.