Head shavers - check in!

Reevers

Berlin Calling
Maybe not the best time of year to break out a menthol soap, but today I decided to head-shave with I Coloniali.

Rather than a refreshing sensation, menthol soaps when head shaving give me a brain chill feeling. I Coloniali isn't a strong menthol hit, so it only just stays in my rotation during cold weather.

Does anyone particularly enjoy menthol soaps for head-shaving?

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Head shaving for about 10yrs now daily. I've shaved my head with everything except my shavette. I've settled on the Schick Xtreme 3 as my go to.

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
Maybe not the best time of year to break out a menthol soap, but today I decided to head-shave with I Coloniali.

Rather than a refreshing sensation, menthol soaps when head shaving give me a brain chill feeling. I Coloniali isn't a strong menthol hit, so it only just stays in my rotation during cold weather.

Does anyone particularly enjoy menthol soaps for head-shaving?
I do very much, especially the Stirling Glacial Chill variety. :okay:

Conservator

Forum GOD!
I shave my head every day. Currently, I use either an injector or a Mach 3 razor. I tried using a DE but found I was cutting my head when I had to use my left hand. I do a two pass shave on my head with minor touchups by my ears and back of my neck.

plastic_paddy

Shave my head three times a week, I use a straight for the front of my head and a G-Bar SE or a Schick J series for the back.

Never quite perfected the back of the head with a straight, regularly manage to knick my ears when i try - if anybody does successfully use a straight for the back of the head i would welcome any advice.

Personally for me, head shaves are easier as the skin is tighter.

My only issue with head shaving is the initial patchy growth hence for myself head shaving 3 times a week, I often say to my other half having no hair actually requires more maintenance than having hair :laugh:

vtmax

Forum GOD!
Anyone use a HeadBlade? Think I need one.
This latest HeadBlade model is fantastic. Whether I start with a DE or a cart I always use the Moto for the last pass. It’s not meant for anything over 24 hour growth. That’s where guys get stuck with it.

It’s the absolute perfect finisher for that glass BBS finish. Going home to Ireland for a visit next week and it’s perfect for travelers as well.

The plastic or S4 stainless Moto’s both shave beautifully. I’ll never be without one.

358A62CC-C5B9-434C-8ECB-36CE82713D02.jpeg

This latest HeadBlade model is fantastic. Whether I start with a DE or a cart I always use the Moto for the last pass. It’s not meant for anything over 24 hour growth. That’s where guys get stuck with it.

It’s the absolute perfect finisher for that glass BBS finish. Going home to Ireland for a visit next week and it’s perfect for travelers as well.

The plastic or S4 stainless Moto’s both shave beautifully. I’ll never be without one.

View attachment 32473
Good to hear, I’m trying my luck in the BST section

Have to say the Blackbird SB with the short handle is an awesome head shaver..if I have to go cartridge then it would be the Gillette sensor.

Last edited: