Zorro
Forum GOD!
WTG, ATG and XTG shave tonight with my new Merkur Progress set on 3 and kept on 3 for whole shave, including around mouth and under nose. Have been gradually working up to this in the weeks since I got the razor, from a starting point of 1.5
Used a new Astra SP and Proraso Sensitive Skin cream I am trying out in place of my usual Palmolive Classic. Pre-shave was face wash with soap and hot water, followed by early lather which sat there while I put the new blade in.
Needed a very light touch, but I concentrated on angle and steady light strokes.
DFS all over, no burn or nicks and borderline BBS in many places. Even got rid of the stubble under the chin. Am very happy now and see this as a step to be practiced on the long road to consistent shaves on higher settings (or even pre-training steps towards maybe using a Straight one day, who knows ??)
.... i do accept that this post might literally come back and bite me ...
Used a new Astra SP and Proraso Sensitive Skin cream I am trying out in place of my usual Palmolive Classic. Pre-shave was face wash with soap and hot water, followed by early lather which sat there while I put the new blade in.
Needed a very light touch, but I concentrated on angle and steady light strokes.
DFS all over, no burn or nicks and borderline BBS in many places. Even got rid of the stubble under the chin. Am very happy now and see this as a step to be practiced on the long road to consistent shaves on higher settings (or even pre-training steps towards maybe using a Straight one day, who knows ??)
.... i do accept that this post might literally come back and bite me ...
