BlacknTan
Forum GOD!
I've gone off on brushes this year. I just received this interpretation of The Gaslamp in faux Ivory from Vladimir Ferdman. It is shown here with a 24mm G5C synthetic knot just for show. This knot has not been set in the handle.
For a change of pace, as I nearly always order two bands with lots of backbone, I decided to order a 24mm Manchurian Silvertip knot from Frank Shaving. The proprietor claims this knot to be unbleached and untreated chemically in any way, and that is one of the features that convinced me to try it. I'm tired of "gel tips" that clump and seem chemically quite altered. I paid full price for the knot, with a discount code that any ATG member can avail himself of. When the knot arrives, I will assess it and decide if it will go into this handle or not. At this point in time, I expect it to. Knowing Silvertip to be a bit floppy, this knot could possibly be set as low as 48mm... we shall see.
That said, I'm very pleased with Vladimir's interpretation of the handle, and when the FS knot arrives, I will give an honest assessment of it, to the best of my meager abilities.
I'm interested in thoughts from the members on all aspects of this undertaking... pro and con.
For a change of pace, as I nearly always order two bands with lots of backbone, I decided to order a 24mm Manchurian Silvertip knot from Frank Shaving. The proprietor claims this knot to be unbleached and untreated chemically in any way, and that is one of the features that convinced me to try it. I'm tired of "gel tips" that clump and seem chemically quite altered. I paid full price for the knot, with a discount code that any ATG member can avail himself of. When the knot arrives, I will assess it and decide if it will go into this handle or not. At this point in time, I expect it to. Knowing Silvertip to be a bit floppy, this knot could possibly be set as low as 48mm... we shall see.
That said, I'm very pleased with Vladimir's interpretation of the handle, and when the FS knot arrives, I will give an honest assessment of it, to the best of my meager abilities.
I'm interested in thoughts from the members on all aspects of this undertaking... pro and con.
Last edited:
