Floid Suave

chazt

Forum !
Try Floid black. Lovely barbershop scent.
Thanks for the advice, Kevy. The next time I’m in Manhattan I’ll check that one out. For me, the quintessential barber shop scent is Pinaud Clubman. Every time I use it, my mind reels back to the old school barbershops of my youth. Leather, stale smoke and PC. Good times!

Last edited:

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
How long will they last you?
At one time I was only using Floïd products, Charlie. Blue, Amber, Vigoroso and Black. One bottle of blue would last around 7 or 8 months. Now, I tend to use matching AS splashes, so these should now see me out. :D

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the advice, Kevy. The next time I’m in Manhattan I’ll check that one out. For me, the quintessential barber shop scent is Pinaud Clubman. Every time I use it, my mind reels back to the old school barbershops of my youth. Leather, stale smoke and PC. Good times!
I agree with you there on Clubman and sharing a customer review who really have taken the Clubman to next level.

D

Deleted member 1881

Now that is some thread.

I now have my two Floid Aftershaves on the main deck, to use them. (Suave & Black).

Suave has this church-candle-old man smell and some great hit of menthol which is not overpowering. Fantastic face feel, just terrible, offensive, way too sweet scent.

Black Floid is something else. Great fruity like smell, not exactly close to Aventus, but definitely can smell the Pineapple 🍍. Performance is below the Suave, not so good in skin properties, but smells excellent for me. I used it today.

Last edited by a moderator:

chazt

Forum !
Interesting take on the Black Floid, Randy. I might want to try a sample. I don’t necessarily object to fruit scents. Is it comparable to Swiss Pitralon or DRH Arlington? It’s the powdery scents that don’t agree with me. Or so it seems.

D

Deleted member 1881

Interesting take on the Black Floid, Randy. I might want to try a sample. I don’t necessarily object to fruit scents. Is it comparable to Swiss Pitralon or DRH Arlington? It’s the powdery scents that don’t agree with me. Or so it seems.
No not at all! Fruity in a manly way..

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I always liked Suave and Vigoroso very much... But I never had a problem with smelling like a poodle! :thumbsup:

As a matter of fact, there was an entrepreneur over here that marketed an aftershave called "Wet Gun Dog," Now, a wet gundog smells exactly like any other dog that been out in the rain, which is to say, women will decidedly NOT be crawling all over you!
A niche product, for sure!

Last edited:

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I always liked Suave and Vigoroso very much... But I never had a problem with smelling like a poodle! :thumbsup:

As a matter of fact, there was an entrepreneur over here that marketed an aftershave called "Wet Gun Dog," Now, a wet gundog smells exactly like any other dog that been out in the rain, which is to say, women will decidedly NOT be crawling all over you!
A niche product, for sure!
Could be a useful scent for a man as attractive as myself