Fitjar soaps and creams available again

Dr Watson

James
Used it again myself this evening, jolly good stuff. The soap seems to need a good stiff brush, my Kent BK4 isn't up to the task... Whist fine for MWF and the like it struggled to load the Fitjar, I expect blooming the puck will help.
 

Dr Watson

James
I did a very slight bloom and used a nice synthetic. Seemed to make all the difference.
Likewise, bloomed the puck, used a Plisson synth and the result was a lovely lather :okay:

Just unpacked my newly received Folgefonn cream, looks and smells lovely... Will report back post shave.
 

Dr Watson

James
Folgefonn cream: Same great jar as the soap, the label on this one was slightly skew-whiff but that just shows it really is hand made! Remove the lid and it appears to be the usual affair when it comes to high end creams (quite firm, and highly concentrated) smell in the pot was like olbas pastilles with a hint of pine needles in the background but it transforms during lathering and the pine needles become more present which elevates it above the usual "menthol" soaps and creams. Performance was the equal of my favourite cream (L'Occitane Cade "rich") good cushion, plenty of slickness and best of all it left my face feeling hydrated... I originally stopped using Proraso green because it dried my face out.

9/10 recommended.
 

Dr Watson

James
Those who have both soap and cream: which is better, if any?
I do but they are different scents... For me I would say the cream is better performing. I found it to be a little slicker, obviously easier to create a lather with and has fewer ingredients. Only caveat is I've only used the cream once so I reserve the right to change my mind :D
 

Dr Watson

James
I quite fancy the Folgefonn myself, if it has notes of Olbas and pine needles even more so.
You won't be sorry, absolutely phenominal stuff... Did you go for the soap or cream version? Just used it again myself and it was even better the second time 'round, the only thing troubling me at the moment is how I can get consistently superb lather with a £20 synth and yet using a £120 silvertip its just a bit "meh".
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
You won't be sorry, absolutely phenominal stuff... Did you go for the soap or cream version? Just used it again myself and it was even better the second time 'round, the only thing troubling me at the moment is how I can get consistently superb lather with a £20 synth and yet using a £120 silvertip its just a bit "meh".
Soap for me, I'm not a cream fan. My favourite brush is my RazoRock synth, that was about £20 including delivery from the States. I have some high end badgers too and I still mostly use a synth.
 

Dr Watson

James
Fair enough, I've always preferred soaps but the L'Occitane cream nearly converted me... I'm at a happy medium now where I can enjoy both for what they are. Does the Razo synth use Plisson fibres? My synth is also a Plisson and I'm simply amazed with it every time I use it, must admit I wish Fitjar chose Plisson fibres for their synth brush :(
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I don't find a performance difference between soaps and creams, but my tendency to load with a fairly wet brush works better with soap, and I prefer hard soaps. I think the RazoRock uses the same fibres as the Plisson, they refer to it as a "Plissoft" and mention that it uses the same fibres as "a major brush manufacturer" but of course they're careful not to name drop. I have a few synths and the Plisson style is my favourite.
 
Top