February 2020 Acquisitions

Stircrazy

Forum GOD!
No Band Aids for the R41? 😂
No band aids were required for the R41. What a great razor, for me at least. Loaded it up with a Wizamet Super Iridium using Stirling Bergamot Lavender, using a shallow angle with no pressure and had a great 2 pass shave, probably one of the best although I get good result with a Fatip OC as well. I have what I would call wire wool stubble and I shave every other day and the R41 cut through with ease for a lovely smooth shave. After using a Parker Variant adjustable I find an open comb razor much better.
 

Rasorium

Forum GOD!
No band aids were required for the R41. What a great razor, for me at least. Loaded it up with a Wizamet Super Iridium using Stirling Bergamot Lavender, using a shallow angle with no pressure and had a great 2 pass shave, probably one of the best although I get good result with a Fatip OC as well. I have what I would call wire wool stubble and I shave every other day and the R41 cut through with ease for a lovely smooth shave. After using a Parker Variant adjustable I find an open comb razor much better.
Happy for you! Your technique is clearly better than mine then. I still have nightmares about the R41 😂
 

Stircrazy

Forum GOD!
I don’t remember but I was probably gung ho in my approach. I’ve since learned to respect open combs...and brand new Feathers :)
For sure, you do have to respect open combs, after all you have no safety bar to kinda fall back on. I don’t think I have tried a feather in an open comb yet.....so watch this space! I have used a feather blade numerous times in a safety bar razor and they still need to be respected but again for me they go through wiry stubble with ease.
 
Top