Feather and Kai shaves

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Just finished using the Proline 30 in my SS. This blade new felt like the 15 use Super Pro yesterday. This tells me that the Feather is going to be my preferred BOC.

Not to suggest the blade didn't work or didn't provide a good result with two passes and mapping areas addressed. I could just tell there was a sharpness that we inferior to the Feathers. This is not to say others should not consider or that others might not get better results that Feathers.
 

chazt

shave
When I was shaving yesterday, I paid attention, so I could share, how I allowed the blade to be used and for me, I hover. This is probably why I can achieve the same result using the SS as I do with the DX since only the blade it is doing the work. It is probably why I can use the Super Professional and never consider it more than the Pro Guard. This is probably due to my use of honed straight razors as well as my proprioception.

Whether one holder is more or less mild is not a factor for me. What is a factor is the appearance of the holder. I have honed straight that have beautiful scales that add to my enjoyment. The Kai Woody is outstanding in appearance and that would give me enjoyment. Learning to make it effective and experimenting with various blades would just be icing on the cake.

I do think the things we can change up are the blades themselves and not so much what is holding them.
Chuck, thanks for the excellent post and meta cognitive breakdown. The hover is an interesting proprioceptive concept and is something that lays ahead for me.

Agreed. In the spirit of fun and learning, it’s soon time I start exploring other blades.
 
Last edited:

chazt

shave
Just finished using the Proline 30 in my SS. This blade new felt like the 15 use Super Pro yesterday. This tells me that the Feather is going to be my preferred BOC.

Not to suggest the blade didn't work or didn't provide a good result with two passes and mapping areas addressed. I could just tell there was a sharpness that we inferior to the Feathers. This is not to say others should not consider or that others might not get better results that Feathers.
And now you know :wink:
 

Kamp

Forum GOD!
I have the DX in both western and the Kamasori love to use them use mostly pro blades in them ints a change from the straights i normally use but quite fun to use I especially like the Kamasri because i use normal straights so often its a nice change
 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Just finished using the Proline 30 in my SS. This blade new felt like the 15 use Super Pro yesterday. This tells me that the Feather is going to be my preferred BOC.

Not to suggest the blade didn't work or didn't provide a good result with two passes and mapping areas addressed. I could just tell there was a sharpness that we inferior to the Feathers. This is not to say others should not consider or that others might not get better results that Feathers.
maybe you should try another one, in case you bumped into a dud, in MY experience the Proline has the same sharpness as any other regular sized AC blade, and is veery smooooth.
 

chazt

shave
Aren’t you up a bit early? I’ve already listened to why you think you have the best dog and your song for your mom and aunt!!
Ugh, it feels like the middle of the night for me. Three nights in a row I had extreme trouble breathing through my nose. The cpap relies on my ability to get air in and out. This cold has lingered for nearly a week. I think it’s a sinus infection now. I’m seeing my primary later.
 

chazt

shave
I have the DX in both western and the Kamasori love to use them use mostly pro blades in them ints a change from the straights i normally use but quite fun to use I especially like the Kamasri because i use normal straights so often its a nice change
Thanks for posting your experiences :)
Do you perceive any significant difference in hand between the DX folder vs. the kamisori?
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
Ugh, it feels like the middle of the night for me. Three nights in a row I had extreme trouble breathing through my nose. The cpap relies on my ability to get air in and out. This cold has lingered for nearly a week. I think it’s a sinus infection now. I’m seeing my primary later.
I hope for the best, as always. :thumbsup:
 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
Ugh, it feels like the middle of the night for me. Three nights in a row I had extreme trouble breathing through my nose. The cpap relies on my ability to get air in and out. This cold has lingered for nearly a week. I think it’s a sinus infection now. I’m seeing my primary later.
In my personal experience, flushing the nose with seasalt water is the best home remedy for nose congestion and sinus infections, but not everyone can endure it. Investigate the subject on nose flushing and se if it's for you 🍻
 
Top