To me, the scales on the SS are the most attractive.
Yes, I quite agree. More of a dog leg, as it were.
We have to consider the professional market. Would you rather shave someone with one that uses half DE blades or an AC Feather?
Depends. Do I want to give my client the closest, safest shave possible with a blade that most closely resembles the traditional barber’s razor, or do I want to save money and use blades which might have a greater tendency to nick my client?
If the SS is proported to be milder, which would you feel more confident using, the SS or DX?
If I were a professional barber, theoretically it wouldn’t be much of an issue which one I used as long as the result was stellar.
I've considered the Kai Kasho Captain, but all reviews say it is more mild than the DX.
I don’t see too many references to Kai AC razors. There must be photos available somewhere of the various head geometries. I’ll snoop around the www, see what comes up.
I think humans are influenced by information from who we consider experts. I've never read a review which says the SS isn't milder than the DX. Now the DX is milder than the Tedalus. It does not help that the DX costs more thant the SS and the Tedalus costs more than the DX.
Perhaps we should talk about a razor’s relative efficiency and smoothness, rather than it’s level of mildness or aggression?
There is also confirmation bias, the DX is more aggressive (whatever that means) and since that I what I want to think, the revenues support my opinion.
? Not sure if I follow.
All this said, I am probably going to order a DX for the experience.
When I consider folks spending $500 for a DE, that looks like a three-piece Gillette, the DX is now looking cheap and especially for what you can achieve.
Agreed. £ for £, $ for $, € for €, it’s hard to get a better shave.
Since you have a DX and an SR, the Kai Kasho Captain is the next rational step.

Don't let yourself miss the boat. "It only costs and little bit more........
You are a sly enabler, Sir. I like the way you think.