Feather and Kai shaves

chazt

shave
IMG_2370.jpeg


I had a blade epiphany today. It was huge. A revelation. Like in a great mysteries of the world kind of way. Guys, without your experience and guidance this shave would have been a longer time coming. Thanks for the wisdom, advice and encouragement. The blade debacle from Monday was quite interesting in retrospect. Similar to the oft stated shaver’s mantra, a less efficient razor is better when paired with a sharper blade. In this case it was a wider blade that did the trick.

As you’ve already explained, similar to the Feather SS, the business end of the Woody is such that the built in bump at the blade’s edge is duplicating the efforts of guarded blades. In essence, that little bump causes a little wave of forward moving skin immediately in front of the blade, helping both whisker and blade to articulate in a safe, close, and efficient manner. Therefore, using a guarded blade is seemingly superfluous and likely redundant. So it seems. I haven’t used a Feather Proguard yet.

Now that I know a great shave is achievable with an unguarded AC blade, I feel comfortable with making this setup exclusive for a month of shaves. Kai Woody with a Schick Proline. 30 shaves is ~2 blades I’m guessing. I’ve started tracking shave counts now so it’ll be easy to do.

This feels like a new level of understanding. Kind of like finding the right set of strings for each guitar.
 
Top