Everyday objects you could use for shaving.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
What do you fellas see randomly throughout your day and think, hmm that could be used in my shaving den. Today I was helping with some dosset boxes and came across a dosset holder and thought..., blade box holder! Mine! I wonder what else is out in the wild.

 

Uncle Bertie

Forum GOD!
I tried a circular sauce boat as a lathering bowl, with reasonable success, except the walls were too thin to retain much heat.
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I use Le Creuset mini casserole dishes with lids for soaps. I have about half a dozen courtesy of TK Maxx...
These must be really nice - no aluminium, tin or steel, no plastic plus a nice heavy lid.
Instead, a material friendly to food or soap.
Will have to take a look at those sometime in the future.
 
Last edited:

Redd

A Right Member
These must be really nice - no aluminium, tin or steel, no plastic plus a nice heavy lid.
Instead, a material friendly to food or soap.
Will have to take a look at those sometime in the future.
Yes, but shop around a bit for best prices, I paid about £5 each, if memory serves me right. I know that there other makes out there that look similar and would do just as good a job. I also know I certainly wouldn't have paid the full retail price.
 

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
S'pose I could lather using the dog's tail but it's a bit to close to his arse. You could definitely shave with my ex's Mother's tongue - sharper than the teeth of the hounds of hell! I do wonder at the glide and cushioning properties of shite - not!

Sorry, gotta go. Matron's after me for nae taking my pills again! :blackeye:
 

bakerbarber

Forum GOD!
I've seen test tube racks and toothbrush holders as razor racks.

Someone on a forum somewhere had a flower frog as a razor stand. I had to look that one up.
 
Top