electric - Panasonic Es-Lv65s

Today i reached an even better results with my ES-LV65s . Shower, breakfast and only then i dry-shaved using the panasonic. This time i have been able to get a real BBS comparable to that i got with my dorco pace 6 /flex5 hybrid. The difference ? This time i used the same beard mapping i used with the multiblades. In 4'45" i had a really perfect shave. and also without irritation: i splashed the usual wilkinson after shave and it didn't sting at all. I think i will rarely use a manual razor again.This electric razor is really a bad boy.

IMG_20200426_093737.jpgpanasonic.jpg
 

slapo

It's... alive!
I have a Panasonic ES-LL21 that I bought recently to shave the back of my neck with (too many moles there to safely use a safety razor).
I've also done a few face shaves with it and I wouldn't want to use it dry - it's like having little axes chop away at the hair. But with a gel (Man Cave Caffeine shave gel), it's pretty good - the shaver just glides and while I haven't managed to get as close a shave with it as with a DE, SE, Mach 3 or Skin Guard, it does give me a shave similar to what the OneBlade (the one that takes Feather FHS blades). Curiously, though, that's what the Philips OneBlade can do for me, too, although I'd say the Panasonic get a hair closer than either of them.
 
the arc5 is in a complete different category compared to the arc2 or 3. nature of the beast - 14000 cpm and 5 blades. i still don't have a regrowth now at 16.22 ---> almost 8 hours later. I'm impressed.
 
Last edited:

slapo

It's... alive!
Do you reckon the blades are actually different, or are there just more of them? If it's the latter, then it'd likely mean that the LV65s would give the same results, just not quite as quickly. 🤔
 
Do you reckon the blades are actually different, or are there just more of them? If it's the latter, then it'd likely mean that the LV65s would give the same results, just not quite as quickly. 🤔
no the blade are actually different. In fact i had an old arc3 and was looking to "upgrade" the blades to save some money but found out they are not interchangeable. So i waited for amazon to have a good discount and took the plunge with the arc5. Best choice ever up to now.
 
Today another "normal" dry shave but it seems i have been able to get even a tad closer. i would say it's very close to absolute perfection at least for me. I cannot feel ANYTHING left going WTG and ATG with my palm and for the first time ever even in zones that are "problematic" for me (right jawline and adam apple). It's getting better and better. After my initial "disappoint" it's turning out to be a fantastic shaver 💪💪💪

BBS.jpg
 
Today i tried the arc5 with soap (proraso) and brush. Even a tad closer, i would say heading to absolute perfection but with much more comfort and gliding. All in less than 5 minutes. Who says you can't have wet-shaving with an electric?
 
Top