Do you buy soap or tubs?

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
I mostly only bother about the soap but I am not immune to great marketing including cool tubs and artwork. I purchased vintage Shulton Old Spice because of the mug and marketing, but I love the soap. Same with Arko (love the artwork), 1924 (fell for the so called "hand made" ceramic dish) and iColoniali's clay pot...these days I prefer the European blue collar soaps and am not fussed about the packaging...
 

celestino

Forum GOD!
I have to say both but if it's a good soap in good packaging them it's a definite buy. Recently I've got sick of plastic tubs so I either buy refill pucks, soft soap bricks or sticks or soap in non plastic..or if it's a soap I love then I'll remove from the tub and put it in a nice glass jar or a wooden bowl or whatever.

I wish more artisans would offer the refill option. Stirling are good with that and there may be others. I know Darron (Wickham) was open to the idea. Any other artisans that do?
Mystic Water
Mike's
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I prefer to buy refill pucks and put them into Pyrex containers with lids unfortunately not all soaps are offered as refills. OTH I could not resist the MWF and Tabac containers.

Bob
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
None of the available tub designs or sizes has ever worked for me.

My style is to lather from a large, very large diameter tub or bowl, IKEA or Tupperware size (e.g. min. dia. 170mm).

Therefore I always shift any soap there, preferably in large quantities due to the large capacity (350ml or more) tubs I use.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Soap definitely hence my regular use of Speick. I do like a nice label (P&B have the best labels!) and appreciate a decent tub but they're very secondary to the contents.
 
Top