Different shave approach

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Did anyone try to do 2 WTG passes and 1 final ATG?

Did it worked? The BBS was obtainable?
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
But..how??!
I was joking.
But I do intend to try different passes, once I get through my blade samples.

If less irritation is gained by less passes and each pass should be considered stubble reduction,
I’m going to try skipping the first WTG pass, shaving on day 2 (which normally feels slightly less than following my WTG pass - if that makes sense).
So I’m going to try a 2 pass (XTG, ATG) shave on day 2,
rather than a 3 pass day 3 or 4....... after all, what’s the worst that can happen........:p:
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
If I shave once a week, I do a 3 pass. But after the first pass I am not satisfied. There are still stubble left and the XTG does not really help me.

Then it comes the ATG pass, where If the hairs is not short enough, the razor bites me and catches them.
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
I haven't properly planned out which way my hair grows on all parts of my face, but I'm getting a better idea. After one pass you can feel the stubbly bits and which way you go ATG on those bits. So for the second pass I concentrate on those bits, stretching the skin and using shorter strokes. I have four or five razors I use regularly in rotation so I'll try a few of them out to see which one removes the most stubble. Razor wars! My Micromatic Clog-Pruf or my ER 1912 with a PTFE generally win and also irritate the least, but a Nacet in my Rockwell 6C is a contender, and so is a P-30 in my ATT SE1.
 
Top