Dialling in soaps while breaking in the Boar

R181

Grumpy old man
I used to do test lathers in my palm. Either to gauge a new soap or clean a new brush.

Stopped a few months ago - I could hear the £s burning when the boiler flashed up to provide hot water for the test lathers!!
I use cold water to shave with so no problem with using too much natural gas. Mind you, the water bills are pretty high around here so there is an incentive to cut back water usage.

Bob
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
When I got my first boar brush I found it hard to make later. I decided to wet the soap first thinking that would help, but it really didn't and probably wasted soap. One day I pushed down more on the brush and used more vigorous strokes, which made the lather develop easily. I've never noticed this results in bristle loss. Since brushes can be expensive, this might be why we used them more gently.
 
Top