I'm a bit envious Toby! I have realised that I enjoy cleaning things up and I would thoroughly enjoy giving that a going over. In this country we don't have a huge pool of vintage razors as you have in the US. What we do have is a bit pricey too ... I bet you got that at a great price.

Very hard here in the U.K. to track down anything vintage. Charity shops shun them, you’ll find travel kits less the razors. All I managed to find was a Gillette Tech Aluminium handle for £5. It was stuck closed but good old WD40 sorted it and it’s a useable razor now. My American friend knows I am always looking, she looks too, on clearing out an uncles stuff after he passed away she happened on two. A Slim and a Fat Boy, both lovely condition in fact the Fat Boy was mint and cased. These things are out there, just right place right time.I'm a bit envious Toby! I have realised that I enjoy cleaning things up and I would thoroughly enjoy giving that a going over. In this country we don't have a huge pool of vintage razors as you have in the US. What we do have is a bit pricey too ... I bet you got that at a great price.
I remember once hunting around the charity shops for months and eventually struck gold. A shop manager informed me that they had stored somewhere someone's large vintage collection (which she rated as worthless) and she took my number and said she'd get her husband to dig it out. Heard nothing for a while and went back a few times to no avail. They had mislaid them in one of their large and overflowing storerooms ... apparently there were literally dozens and dozens of them as the old boy had been collecting for years.
I was a bit miffed.
I may go back and give them a prod.
The New Improved razors are becoming pricey these days, but I spotted that one looking really ugly but with perfect teeth and such, and I waited till the end and threw a bid in, and won! Right before Christmas too, buyers market. I got it pretty reasonable, and the Tech was from the same seller, got it for five bucks with no additional shipping. And plating is already gone which is perfect for me, I hate plating, but love brass. I'm a happy shaver!I'm a bit envious Toby! I have realised that I enjoy cleaning things up and I would thoroughly enjoy giving that a going over. In this country we don't have a huge pool of vintage razors as you have in the US. What we do have is a bit pricey too ... I bet you got that at a great price.
I remember once hunting around the charity shops for months and eventually struck gold. A shop manager informed me that they had stored somewhere someone's large vintage collection (which she rated as worthless) and she took my number and said she'd get her husband to dig it out. Heard nothing for a while and went back a few times to no avail. They had mislaid them in one of their large and overflowing storerooms ... apparently there were literally dozens and dozens of them as the old boy had been collecting for years.
I was a bit miffed.
I may go back and give them a prod.

Huh?A cleaning kit for my hearing aids. Should really have got one ages ago but never got round to it...
steve

Been looking on their website David, did you have to email to organise an order? Was thinking about trying the unscented and Alvdans.Laugar is fantastic. Post-shave is exceptional. I never used a post-shave product with the Älvdans I have and skin feels nourished all day.
Jon, I ordered from the website. Only accepts cards, no PayPal, unfortunately.Been looking on their website David, did you have to email to organise an order? Was thinking about trying the unscented and Alvdans.
Thanks David, can't see an option to choose UK, might be BrexitJon, I ordered from the website. Only accepts cards, no PayPal, unfortunately.
Älvdans is lovely. It's predominantly Lemongrass. None of the scents is strong. I'd say around a 4.
The UK is in the drop down list. It's Storbritannien.Thanks David, can't see an option to choose UK, might be Brexit![]()
It wasn't letting me complete, I emailed and got a reply back that's they are trying to work out the extra expenses with Brexit and how not to pass this on to customers.The UK is in the drop down list. It's Storbritannien.
Oh, OK. I didn't try to check out.It wasn't letting me complete, I emailed and got a reply back that's they are trying to work out the extra expenses with Brexit and how not to pass this on to customers.
I'm in no rush, it's more for the unscented one but might as well get 2. Thanks for your help as always.Oh, OK. I didn't try to check out.
Maybe a bit extreme, but Pasteur Pharmacy in NY sells them and I'm sure they ship to the UK.
And soulobjects in Germany.Oh, OK. I didn't try to check out.
Maybe a bit extreme, but Pasteur Pharmacy in NY sells them and I'm sure they ship to the UK.
Unless Sweden has EU specific postage rates (as opposed to the continent of Europe like RM) there are no extra expenses that spring to mindIt wasn't letting me complete, I emailed and got a reply back that's they are trying to work out the extra expenses with Brexit and how not to pass this on to customers.