DE Razor Comparison

  • Thread starter Deleted member 1881
  • Start date

Edwin Jagger DE89 vs Parker 24c


  • Total voters
    11
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I know it may be apples with oranges but I would like to know what do you prefer, and the most important WHY?
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
EJ89 IMO. The larger Barley Chatsworth with the curved handle is also a brilliant razor. I prefer the EJ as I find the shave to feel more comfortable whilst maintaining efficiency.
 

God

Regular Member
Neither of these two interests me. But between these two, I'll get the parker 24C. The EJ is too mild and only good for beginners.

If I'm looking for an open comb today it's going to be the fatip Nobile or a vintage Gillette.

I hate zamak razors.
 

TobyC

Patriot
The EJ is too mild and only good for beginners.

I hate zamak razors.
Not a fan of zamak either, but a true EJ DE89 (not a look-alike clone) is a pretty good shaver! I was going to get rid of mine a while back because I hadn't been using it, but I shaved with it one last time, or so I thought, and the shave was very efficient and close. Very nice razor for anyone wanting a nice razor, I just wish they were brass.
 
Top