Crown King - UK Supplier?

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
That's wonderful news. I look forward to seeing these come out.
I agree! I also might mention, our shave soap CaD was Officially EU Certified a little over a month ago and we are working on 5 more scents currently and to be done soon! This will get our products into many more UK/EU stockists...thus saving you from customs and shipping...We are trying folks!
Shave On!
D
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I agree! I also might mention, our shave soap CaD was Officially EU Certified a little over a month ago and we are working on 5 more scents currently and to be done soon! This will get our products into many more UK/EU stockists...thus saving you from customs and shipping...We are trying folks!
Shave On!
D
You know what, I have been massively outspoken about EU-based vendors selling soaps that don't have certification. On another forum, I was accused of being an agent for a British soapmaking business (no idea which) after Trading Standards apparently became involved. I do admit that the HTGAM/PPF implosion of a couple of years ago (let's be honest - the accusations weren't by any means 'baseless') left a bad taste in my mouth. But, by investing in the certification to sell within the EU lawfully and not shovelling your soaps through less-than-honest UK vendors in the meantime, PAA/Crown Shaving has gone some way towards redemption and you deserve for that to be acknowledged.
 
Last edited:

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
You know what, I have been massively outspoken about EU-based vendors selling soaps that don't have certification. On another forum, I was accused of being an agent for a British soapmaking business (no idea which) after Trading Standards apparently became involved. I do admit that the HTGAM/PPF implosion of a couple of years ago (lets be honest - the accusations aren't by all means 'baseless') left a bad taste in my mouth. But, by investing in the certification sell within the EU lawfully and not shovelling your soaps through less-than-honest UK vendors in the meantime, PAA/Crown Shaving has gone some way towards redemption and you deserve for that to be acknowledged.
Thanks mate! Also, not all was baseless...but a lot was. Some of the accusations are downright absurd. I will take blame for whatever I did but refuse to take another lashing for stuff that was completely fabricated. And I am always available for a PM, Email to address certain concerns or questions, I love these and appreciate the opportunity. Again though, thanks for the acknowledgment we are trying hard here everyday to do the utmost best we can as humans!
cheers
D
 
Last edited:

Darkbulb

Member #10
That really doesn't surprise me given the owner!
+1
Not a person I'd ever do business with

Maybe if you talk nicely to @Darkbulb he may allow you to send it to him to forward on to you, but I am sure you may have to ask him nicely and palm his hand in fountain pen friendly note paper. :wink:
Sorry but I will in no way or shape be affiliated with that vendor
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I think that there are two points of view when it comes to Douglas Smythe: those who see the products, marketing, videos etc as zany and inventive, and those who find it all rather puerile and tasteless. Couple that to a repulsive business history and it's perfectly understandable that there are many members who see Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements, Crown King, and all the other associated brands as toxic.
 

PLANofMAN

Retro Razor Junkie
My point being, you only know what has unfolded, echoed and been regurgitated in certain forums; a lot of baseless rumors and accusations. ...
I didn't find your comments neutral but meanspirited & gossipy.
...
In light of my own post, I'm afraid that you will find his comment to be neutral, or at best, ambivalent.

I was going to keep my mouth shut in case you had actually reformed yourself, except your comment about the comments in other forums weren't baseless rumours, no matter how you try to spin it.

Your actions while running How to Grow a Moustache (HTGAM) and Petal Pusher Fancies (PPF) were reprehensible and at the very least unethical. I will say that you seem to be running PAA much more professionally.

[Mod edit: Llink removed - anyone can Google this issue if they so wish - ATG does not want to be part of a slanging match.]
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbulb

Member #10
In light of my own post, I'm afraid that you will find his comment to be neutral, or at best, ambivalent.

I was going to keep my mouth shut in case you had actually reformed yourself, except your comment about the comments in other forums weren't baseless rumours, no matter how you try to spin it.

Your actions while running How to Grow a Moustache (HTGAM) and Petal Pusher Fancies (PPF) were reprehensible and at the very least unethical. I will say that you seem to be running PAA much more professionally.

[Mod edit: Llink removed - anyone can Google this issue if they so wish - ATG does not want to be part of a slanging match.]
And for him to come on here and call @Fox, one of the nicest guys on any forum, 'mean spirited and gossipy'.

Good for people to see who they are dealing with.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Right Guys that is ENOUGH!
No more throwing insults on the forum, what happened in the past, stays in the past and it certainly should not be part of this forum.
You all have your own views but lets keep them to yourselves.
Thank you...
 

Douglas_1

Forum GOD!
Artisan
Sorry for how you feel gents. As i have said I will fully admit I was wrong for what I actually did, but the BS, and yes there is BS even in that reddit thread, I won't answer for. I have asked folks, even in this thread, to PM me if they have any questions in regards to what they have heard elsewhere...but rather than even try and get answers gentlemanly they ignore it and create public spectacle. It would seem the facts are of no interest or at least not as interesting.

If you are looking at reddit as your ethics committee look no further than their locked wiki/bad gear list, with their legal disclaimer claiming the posts are edited by the public. When in reality, this has been locked for over a year yet seems up until 11 months ago was being edited by one person (see wiki history). ethical?

Again, I apologize for any confusion and would love to have a chat with anyone of you, maybe find some common ground and move on with our lives.
Sincerely
D
 
Last edited:
Top