"Converting One at a Time"

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I gave a 1930's Gillette "New" model with two sleeves of Astra SP blades to someone yesterday during our Thanksgiving weekend "get together". My relative said that I was "converting one at a time". I had given him a '56 Gillette "red tip" three years ago and he said it saved him $20 per month in shaving stuff.

I suppose it is true that I am wanting younger men to know that they can shave and not spend much. Not everyone falls down the rabbit hole, but I am happy to have been able to given several blade holders away over the years.

Am I alone in this endeavor?????
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I’ll advocate DE shaving if shaving ever comes up in conversation but it hardly ever does.

I did convert my stepdad but that was only because I was staying at their house and he saw my razor in the bathroom and mentioned it before going on to complain about cartridge razors.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I converted a good mate of mine to DE shaving a few years ago. He got himself a DE89, some Proraso and blades. Unlike the rest of us he’s been quite happy with just that setup and hasn’t wanted to delve in any further in terms of expensive razors etc. Just a basic, classic shave. It’s a miracle.
 

JamieM

Extreme sharpness is ephemeral!
I have zero interest in converting anyone, If you have a genuine personal interest you will get there without anyone helping you, like 99% of us here I would imagine, once you arrive here then there's lots of willing help at hand, traditional shaving will never ever become a popular choice for the vast majority of people.
 
Last edited:

Baba Rum

Forum GOD!
I'll answer when questioned. But it rarely happens that shaving is part of my conversation. And those who would ask or say something, are female - so well ... what can I tell them about moustaches and beard stubble... :angelic:
 

bagman

Coffee drinker
Staff member
I’ve converted half a dozen or so people at work plus my two sons, the youngest (18) has never shaved with anything but a DE. His older brother said not to bother with the few cartridge shaves I stated him on after advice
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I’ve converted half a dozen or so people at work plus my two sons, the youngest (18) has never shaved with anything but a DE. His older brother said not to bother with the few cartridge shaves I stated him on after advice
My son in law loves his ‘56 Red Tip.

I never “preached”, …..lol!?!?!?🤣😅😊
 

R181

Grumpy old man
#3, #4, #7
Those members are not actively pushing wet shaving unless it is brought up first by someone else which is far different than actively trying to convert. people to try it. It's the difference between having a born again assault you about religion without you seeking their advice and going to your minister to have a conversation about religion.

Bob
 
Top