Click and Collect

Scuba Steve

Forum GOD!
I have just had a delivery to my house I was not quick enough to intercept said goodies before the wife got her mits on it. Having just had my nuts chewed off for buying yet more shaving crap, I got to thinking ordering shaving related goodies might be very much easier if our vendors were to offer a click and collect option at the postage page whilst ordering goods. I am sure I could smuggle lots more stuff in under the radar if it could organised.
As lots of E Bay sellers offer such a service I am sure it is not beyond the realms for our vendors to do so also.:okay:
 

Godfather

Forum GOD!
I have just had a delivery to my house I was not quick enough to intercept said goodies before the wife got her mits on it. Having just had my nuts chewed off for buying yet more shaving crap, I got to thinking ordering shaving related goodies might be very much easier if our vendors were to offer a click and collect option at the postage page whilst ordering goods. I am sure I could smuggle lots more stuff in under the radar if it could organised.
As lots of E Bay sellers offer such a service I am sure it is not beyond the realms for our vendors to do so also.:okay:
I do you this type of service for stuff including shaving paraphernalia from flea bay that I haven't really bought if you catch my drift!! Else that is what the office is for! although I did get some looks when I took delivery of a diving cylinder!
 

Scuba Steve

Forum GOD!
I do you this type of service for stuff including shaving paraphernalia from flea bay that I haven't really bought if you catch my drift!! Else that is what the office is for! although I did get some looks when I took delivery of a diving cylinder!
Unfortunately I work from home so having stuff posted to the office is not an option for me.
As for the diving cylinder at least it gives you some credibility for wearing rubber at work !!! :highfive:
 

Redd

A Right Member
My stuff often is delivered to work. Of course when I move back home next year I am going to have to smuggle a boot load in.

Note to self: Use way more product.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
My stuff often is delivered to work. Of course when I move back home next year I am going to have to smuggle a boot load in.

Note to self: Use way more product.
Or buy an oversized jacket :wink:
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
It's a pity that Royal Mail are missing a trick here. German Mail offer a 'packstation' service similar to Amazon lockers, except you can use it as a delivery address for all of your parcels. Nothing the vendor has to do. You give your name, mail customer ID and locker ID as the delivery address and pick up the parcel at your leisure. How difficult could it be, Royal Mail? :rolleyes: It's 2016!!
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
For free, it'd be outside, unguarded and done over on a regular basis. Ah, they are ...
Of course, you could just get your wives in order ... "just sayin' ..."
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
For me it's not about hiding anything from SWMBO. It's about convenience. My nearest Amazon locker is a 5 minute walk from home and I get an email when the item is ready for pick up. No need to stay at home all day and wait for the postie. Not even knowing what day an item will show up. I get an email and collect the item 5 minutes later or when I'm out I do so when I come back.
I want to see the same from Royal Mail. It works elsewhere...
The red card is not an alternative, btw. That means I get the item a day later - if the collection office is open at convenient times that day. Which it often isn't. Even in London.
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
How do Amazon boxes work - do you pay to have your own secure box? The German system featured in the last series oh Homeland - it was used to send details of the next person to be killed.
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
You don't pay. Parcels arrives at locker location and is put into secure locker. You show up and either scan in a barcode or type in a code and one of the lockers pops open. Remove parcel and leave. Simples.
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
... hoping nobody else has retrieved it first using a Bradford Master Key (crowbar) and that your locker number is visible under the graffiti as per the one near where I work, which has now gone ... along with the bank, which had their ATM removed one too many times. Not a part of town that I'd want to retrieve my precious eBay goodies, but I guess they got that message.

Amazon is £1.99 unless you're Prime.

But yes, the principle is fine ...

Being a country gent, I know my Postie and he knows where to leave my goodies. He also knows to tell his mates if they're covering his round. Actually, I know my Yodel chap and the MyHermes fellow. Same drill. We also have the joy of our local PO being the village shop and off license, so the "PO" is open from 0800 to 2300 for postage and collection. Doing things the old-fashioned way, we have no need for newfangled, modern and hi-tech methods :D
 
Top