Charcoal Goods shipping advise

Geordieboy

Über Member
I'm not piggybacking on anyone, i'm making my case on how I feel. YMMV, and i've not said anything harsh or untoward. I've not got worked up. I'm not sat hear spiting feathers. I'm not extending words like Sooooooo and neither am I calling you or anyone names.
I ask you
1. Do I not have the right to have an opinion on how an email has made me feel and state in a public forum how I feel?
2. Do I not have the right to draw facts and state what those are from statements made my others in the forum?
3. Choosing to not buy a product is my choice and if its drawn from the vendors tone in emails thats not harsh thats my choice.
4. You do you, if saying i'd not buy a product is harsh you've clearly not been around many shaving forums

i'm not saying wow if you're defending him you must be a fan boy, or why you getting so upperty.
Ha! You think you live in a free country with Magna Carta, or something? :unsure:
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
I'm not piggybacking on anyone, i'm making my case on how I feel. YMMV, and i've not said anything harsh or untoward. I've not got worked up. I'm not sat hear spiting feathers. I'm not extending words like Sooooooo and neither am I calling you or anyone names.
I ask you
1. Do I not have the right to have an opinion on how an email has made me feel and state in a public forum how I feel?
2. Do I not have the right to draw facts and state what those are from statements made my others in the forum?
3. Choosing to not buy a product is my choice and if its drawn from the vendors tone in emails thats not harsh thats my choice.
4. You do you, if saying i'd not buy a product is harsh you've clearly not been around many shaving forums

i'm not saying wow if you're defending him you must be a fan boy, or why you getting so upperty.
I asked you
Do you like him?
I know more of what you’re not than what you are.
I feel my words have been misunderstood purposely. The way of the internet I suppose.
Cute passive aggressive response there
But I’m not biting
Poop…
I guess I’ll respond to #3
I find your choice to balk harsh if it’s on this alone.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I asked you
Do you like him?
You didn't ask if I liked him. You made a statement presuming I might not like him. And I quote
If you don’t want to like him that’s cool. I just find it a bit harsh
And this is not me being passive aggressive its me pointing out facts and challenging someones comments on my feelings, opinions and statements. I am not saying your views or opinions are any less than mine. I'm not trying to be clever or goad you by being a troll. This isn't that kind of party.

Choosing to not want to buy an artisans products for the reason i'm giving isn't harsh by any stretch.
Simple dictionary definition of Harsh:
unpleasantly rough or jarring to the senses.
It begs belief if what i'm saying jars or is rough on your senses lol
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Oh lord….
You piggyback on Wayne just to take shots then step back and say not me. Ok
Do you like him?
The sentence I where I say it’s cool if you choose not to like him is open to anyone. Yes I quoted you but I’m also speaking to all involved in this conversation. I find it harsh for anyone to get so worked up over this. Sooooo if you’re worked up and have decided to…. refrain from considering a Charcoal Goods product, then yes I’m saying that you are being harsh,,, Harsh “words” or no harsh “words”.
Saying what you’re not doesn’t help whatsoever. Say what you are.
How the Hell can you like someone you have never met, do not know and will never meet? The bloke makes razors, he sells them and makes a living from it, or if not a living a profit. He isn't Mother Teresa of Calcutta. Whether someone likes him or not on a personal level is of no consequence in the context of this thread. He may be an axe murderer outside of making Copper Razors, who knows? Do you Charcoal? No one needs to be liking anyone, or not. What is under discussion is a vendor basically telling every customer to get lost when it comes to expecting a decent delivery service from him when you hand over your hard earned money.
That is all the thread is about, not whether or not he is expecting a Nobel peace prizr in the near future.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
Oh lord….
You piggyback on Wayne just to take shots then step back and say not me. Ok
Do you like him?
The sentence I where I say it’s cool if you choose not to like him is open to anyone. Yes I quoted you but I’m also speaking to all involved in this conversation. I find it harsh for anyone to get so worked up over this. Sooooo if you’re worked up and have decided to…. refrain from considering a Charcoal Goods product, then yes I’m saying that you are being harsh,,, Harsh “words” or no harsh “words”.
Saying what you’re not doesn’t help whatsoever. Say what you are.
Ok
I’m a horrible horrible person and now moving on.
 
Last edited:

Sm29

Forum GOD!
This is my first post and the thread that caused me to register on this forum.

I don’t own any Charcoal Goods razors and based on this email am not anxious to. My preference is to patronize companies that provide great customer service including communication.

Companies that I can vouch for include Above the Tie (when Stan owned the company but no experience since), Timeless, and my top choice Blackland. I have spoken with and received advice from the owners of each of these companies. Recently my Blackbird SB replaced my Blackland Tradere SB as my daily razor. This could never have happened without the advice and the satisfaction guarantee offered by Shane. The Blackbird was actually a razor I was afraid of and without the conversation with Shane not purchased.

As far as the USPS goes, my order was shipped priority on the next business day after I ordered it and arrived 3 days after shipment or 4 business days after ordering. That seems pretty responsive for a 2,700 mile transit including processing time.

Anything can go wrong with any purchase but I prefer to stick with vendors that will support me.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
This is my first post and the thread that caused me to register on this forum.

I don’t own any Charcoal Goods razors and based on this email am not anxious to. My preference is to patronize companies that provide great customer service including communication.

Companies that I can vouch for include Above the Tie (when Stan owned the company but no experience since), Timeless, and my top choice Blackland. I have spoken with and received advice from the owners of each of these companies. Recently my Blackbird SB replaced my Blackland Tradere SB as my daily razor. This could never have happened without the advice and the satisfaction guarantee offered by Shane. The Blackbird was actually a razor I was afraid of and without the conversation with Shane not purchased.

As far as the USPS goes, my order was shipped priority on the next business day after I ordered it and arrived 3 days after shipment or 4 business days after ordering. That seems pretty responsive for a 2,700 mile transit including processing time.

Anything can go wrong with any purchase but I prefer to stick with vendors that will support me.
Welcome
Sounds reasonable.
I can vouch for HomeLike and I suppose Charcoal Goods.
I had an order get lost in the mail and when I informed HomeLike the resent my order with another I made.
Charcoal Goods sent quickly and no issues in receiving. I don’t know how many days but I don’t remember thinking “where in the…” so it couldn’t of been excessively late.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Welcome
Sounds reasonable.
I can vouch for HomeLike and I suppose Charcoal Goods.
I had an order get lost in the mail and when I informed HomeLike the resent my order with another I made.
Charcoal Goods sent quickly and no issues in receiving. I don’t know how many days but I don’t remember thinking “where in the…” so it couldn’t of been excessively late.
@Charcoal Can I check, you did register that here is another person who based on the Charcoal email is in no rush to become one of their customers? @Sm29 welcome to the forum and hope i've not misunderstood you statement.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
@Charcoal Can I check, you did register that here is another person who based on the Charcoal email is in no rush to become one of their customers? @Sm29 welcome to the forum and hope i've not misunderstood you statement.
Yes
I do disagree with him.
He still sounds reasonable.
You sure you’re not a troll? lol
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Yes
I do disagree with him.
He still sounds reasonable.
You sure you’re not a troll? lol
Well you seem in a better mood today. Even if a little more hypocritical than before. But hey good work in such an original twist in the tale lol. You know what I'll take the term troll, all be it coming from a snow flake. You do nothing more than build the guess that you're confused.
At this point i'll just stop even acknowledging any further comments you are likely to make.
 

Charcoal

Soothsayer of the Obscure
There’s nothing Sm29 said that was improper or un-gentlemanly to me. I simply disagree with him.
It’s not just the words we use but how we use them.
 
Top