Can you guess what it is, yet?

halvor

a most elusive fish
I'm guessing it's an Ever Ready :giggle:

Now to googling that number.

Edit: Done. And now I know. Look forward to seeing the box opened up...

pjgh

Forum GOD!
That's just what I thought when I saw the actual razor several pictures on in the auction. I put my maximum bid in, it was reached. I lost. The seller got in touch saying the winning bidder did not conform to his selling specifications and so I was given second refusal. Naturally, I accepted :D

Well done Paul!
Cheers! I'm very happy to have one back in ... I sold one last year and rather regretted it, but never look back eh? Always look forwards and look what I found.

wazza

a dog got personality
I wanted to put more that phwoar but just......phwoar :happy:

A great find and lucky they came back to you for a 2nd chance offer.
Will you use the razor or keep it pristine?

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I have used this model and found it to be everything the 1924 is, but more so ... I recall really enjoying it. I think I will keep this pristine for now. I may well shave with it as that is, after all, it's purpose. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy as early a 1924 model as I can and try to imagine the rest while shaving :D

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
The patent on the razor is rather interesting.
It's clearly a '1924' design, but patented in 1909/1910, earlier than even the 1912 patent.
The inventor is 'Julius Bueno de Mesquita' who in this patent feels the need to assert that he is a 'Gentleman' residing in London. By 1914 on a patent application in the US he claims to be 'a subject of the King of England, residing at Brooklyn, in the county of Kings and State of New York'.
I've made an online version of the 1909 patent available ↪here.