Brush ID?

Acer89

James
Can anyone identify who makes this style of brush? It was recently acquired and in need of a reknot.

The only markings are what you can see.

Thanks for looking. Forgive the red lines I forgot to turn off my camera laser level..duh!
DSC_5387_PC.jpg
 
Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
I've seen one before James but I can't place it in my mind, sorry. I think it may be a discontinued Vulfix, could be worth sending Mark W an email?
 

Acer89

James
I've seen one before James but I can't place it in my mind, sorry. I think it may be a discontinued Vulfix, could be worth sending Mark W an email?
I'm leaning more towards a discontinued Vulfix.

Sorry I don't know Mark W. Is he a member of ATG?
 

Dr Watson

James
I'm leaning more towards a discontinued Vulfix.

Sorry I don't know Mark W. Is he a member of ATG?
I should have been more specific, Mark Watterson of Vulfix/Simpsons.

I've been thinking (always dangerous!) and the one I saw may have been in a Boots branded box, but can't be sure of it... Something along those lines.
 

Acer89

James
Thanks
I should have been more specific, Mark Watterson of Vulfix/Simpsons.

I've been thinking (always dangerous!) and the one I saw may have been in a Boots branded box, but can't be sure of it... Something along those lines.
Thanks If I fail to get a positive ID I'll track down Mark Watterson. Although the handle is in excellent condition the pure badger hair is shedding so that knot is coming out.
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
Thanks but I'm really not sure. Many makes of UK handles are branded with 'Made in England'

I'm hoping the retro shape would provide a definitive clue.
Just a thought but it's more than likely to be made by the same manufacture as that which TOBS use and the many others. Who that is/was I have no idea, sorry. Unbranded may mean it was part of a gift set, just a wild guess.
 

Acer89

James
Just a thought but it's more than likely to be made by the same manufacture as that which TOBS use and the many others. Who that is/was I have no idea, sorry. Unbranded may mean it was part of a gift set, just a wild guess.
Thanks Darron. Mark Watterson the owner of Vulfix and Simpsons seems to think it's one of his long discontinued brushes. Would still be nice to get a postive ID though.
 
Top