Brass General SE from Colonial Razors

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Just a great shaver is the Brass General. Warm and easy on the skin regardless of the AC blade being used. It is on the heavier side but, it just makes the job of shaving that bit more easier as the weight of the General does most of the work. The Stirling Gin & Tonic provided excellent protection, glide and slickness with a nice mentholated touch together with the splash to give a great cooling sensation in the heat during yesterday's shave.

As of this posting there hasn't been an SE razor that combines mild yet efficient feeling cutting with a buttery smoothness. The Paradigm SE Ti is the only razor that I owned that was as smooth and milder feeling but, only worked with a Feather Pro Super for me.

The Brass General for me is in a class by itself.

View attachment 136829
Beautiful handle 💎

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
An effortless shave with one of the more iconic looking razors in the past quarter century, The Brass General. I know, I sing its praises with the utmost of a true fanboy cheerleader. But, for me it just simply works magnificently. The only other razor that combines the smoothness & efficiency in one package that I have experienced is the Le Faulx by Atelier. The Vector arguably is the King of SE’s in that it is so maneuverable and easy to use as it gets into places with such ease that very few razors can match that shave athleticism that the Vector portrays and delivers. I’ve had two of them and I will sing its praises as well but, they have both been moved on (I should have kept the SS Polished but, I’m a dope at times). I’ll probably get another but, that depends on how the Osprey performs in the wet shave ring. Topic of discussion for another thread. Anyhow, the Brass General is still here and is my favorite SE of all time with the Claymore Evo & Blackland Sabre L2 close behind. This morning it was just pure unadulterated shave nirvana with the Brass & Feather Pro Super. I can count on one hand the razors that put a shit eating grin on my face like this pair does for me. Shave bliss & ignorance to anything and everything for 20 minutes is whisker removing ecstasy….:wink:

204B069F-8E60-4B11-9216-D74F595E6BE3.jpeg