Blutt or rocnell

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
I've spoke with Pascal this evening and his lead time on razors and plates are February. A similar time to when the rocnell is available. I would like input and experience from you scallywags of course LOL. sincerest respects as always gentleman. J. ❤🥃
 

Wilga

Forum GOD!
I've spoke with Pascal this evening and his lead time on razors and plates are February. A similar time to when the rocnell is available. I would like input and experience from you scallywags of course LOL. sincerest respects as always gentleman. J. ❤🥃
Blutt all the way.
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Blutt for balance and feel, Rocnel if you like a hefty razor that is probably the more efficient of these two choices. We‘re talking about the sailor, right?
 

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Yes sailor. I have the hone stainless coming as soon as the floodgates open I'll be first in line. LOL I hope.so I had the same thoughts and I was on the cusp of getting a blutt last month and instead got the pils.
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Blutt is a wonderful razor. I think if I had got the .99 playe at the start I'd have never have sold. It's superb. I've never used Rocnel razor of course, but if I had choice if the 2 I'd be getting the Blutt.
 

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Jury is out then gentleman. February when the blutt is back in, shall be placing my order. It looks like the blutt has won. Blutt and stainless hone.
Razor with 85 plate.
99 plate also.
Sincerest respects as always you blighters. J. ❤🥃
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Jury is out then gentleman. February when the blutt is back in, shall be placing my order. It looks like the blutt has won. Blutt and stainless hone.
Razor with 85 plate.
99 plate also.
Sincerest respects as always you blighters. J. ❤🥃
Good choice J.

I will be following suite, but I can't stretch to both. Having used the Blutt extensively, it's an incredible razor, I think the 99 plate would be next level. I sold as the cost of a single plate is that high, I was better off selling to buy again.
 

Jfett

CunningMr.Fox
Good choice J.

I will be following suite, but I can't stretch to both. Having used the Blutt extensively, it's an incredible razor, I think the 99 plate would be next level. I sold as the cost of a single plate is that high, I was better off selling to buy again.
Thankyou Jon. It was you that started my lust for the piece. Let's see if my Influence can persuade Pascal to do a two for one accord. Or at the very least give you a welcoming back bargaining chip for a previous purchase LOL. Sincerest respects as always Jon. J. 🥃❤
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Good choice J.

I will be following suite, but I can't stretch to both. Having used the Blutt extensively, it's an incredible razor, I think the 99 plate would be next level. I sold as the cost of a single plate is that high, I was better off selling to buy again.
I have had the pleasure of trying the 1.2 and would not call it aggressive.
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
I have had the pleasure of trying the 1.2 and would not call it aggressive.
Habe you tried the 99 as well? I really enjoyed the 86 but just wanted a touch more efficiency, which makes me think the 99 would he my preference. I want to get away from razors with multiple plates and just get the plate that works for me.
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Habe you tried the 99 as well? I really enjoyed the 86 but just wanted a touch more efficiency, which makes me think the 99 would he my preference. I want to get away from razors with multiple plates and just get the plate that works for me.
Unfortunately not, but going on my experience with the 1.2 I would not consider going lower. Sorry if this complicates things.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately not, but going on my experience with the 1.2 I would not consider going lower. Sorry if this complicates things.
What plates of Karve will nearly or likely correspond to .99 and 1.2? I find c plate good enough for every day shaves and d for bit more aggressive and efficient shaves. I find Karve bit heavy for my liking though. Looking for somthing in 80-90 gram range without going Titanium.
 

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
What plates of Karve will nearly or likely correspond to .99 and 1.2? I find c plate good enough for every day shaves and d for bit more aggressive and efficient shaves. I find Karve bit heavy for my liking though. Looking for somthing in 80-90 gram range without going Titanium.
Very difficult to say. For one, I found the Blutt to be much less blade specific than any Karve plate. I would say the exposure and blade feel on the 1.2 is below that of the Karve D-plate and the efficiency slightly above. My shaves were all incredibly comfortable.

I have not tried the .99.
 
Top