Blackland Vector SE razor (AC type)

bartje-p

Forum GOD!
Today 11th and final shave with this blade.... over and out. Soap is a sample, lovely fresh scent, exactly what I like in a soap.

Blackland Vector SS with OC plate
Feather Professional AC (11)
Frank Shaving pur-tech
Savon Mystere - Giallo
Speick Man AS
Balea Men Energy ASB

Rosseforp

NOCvember 7th

Razor:
Vector SS
Blade: Kai Protouch MG(2)
Brush: Butterscotch Mistura
Soap: Aqua di Parma
ASL: Aqua Velva
Balm: Nivea Sensitive
Watch: Casio Illuminator
20231107_194254[1].jpg

Another nice shave with the Vector. Not as close as I expected with all the passes it took to get there.
The razor is so nimble I can shave in any direction I want without worry of irritation.
ATG passes, WTG passes, XTG passes, lots of buffing until the blade felt like it was done. I wasn't counting.

The Witch hazel was smooth, the Aqua Velva confirmed with it's cooling sensation the complete lack of irritation, the Nivea balm confirming a sharper blade is needed for a closer shave.
Next shave the guards come off and I'm putting a Schick Proline in.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
I haven’t shaved with a Vector in who knows how long. I’ve had them both in the as is finish & the polished version as well. I moved them on both in a couple of trades and to be quite honest, I regrettably feared that it was a bad move on my part. Not that the items I procured were of lesser value or weren’t capable shavers because there were and are capable shavers. But, the Vector is different and I just simply missed having one in my shave den. Well, I found one on the b/s/t a couple months back and have finally come around to strapping it up for a shave. Schick Proline in and just as how I exactly remembered this whisker removing samurai performed that time ago. Every bit as smooth & efficient of an operator that gives top tier results. Nimble, intuitive, precise and just so easy to use that a neophyte can get along with this razor in a few shaves. It’s incredibly good with Blackland quality to back it up.

It’s good to have an old friend back in the line up. On a side note, this Ethos Grooming Vetivert is an incredibly good product. This is strictly for Vetiver lovers in the range of Guerlain, Tom Ford & Murdoch that want that classy edge in masculinity while still offering an effervescence in the scent especially with the eau de parfum that brings a modern touch to the overall scent profile. A must try for Vetiver fans. Great shaves to all….

BC1DF9E3-C46E-4FD9-9203-8C360B622893.jpeg

razor Ramon

I've shaved with the vector today for the first time and compared with the claymore I find it less efficient, the shave was smooth overall except a little cut below the lip which isn't unusual for me with ac razors, the thing which impressed me the most was how well it shaves under the nose, it took off a seven days beard without any issues but I think it's more suitable for three or four days beard, overall I'm happy to have it

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Consecutive shave no.#2 with the Vector on this breezy & chilly Sunday morning. Kept the same Proline blade from yesterday and gave myself a great BBS finish in 2 passes going ATG & XTG. The Vector showers why it’s so good regardless on how one decides to attack the whiskers. More than enough cutting ability with an equal amount of smoothness and ease of feel on skin. It’s a marvel of shaving creation in that the head and overall footprint is just barely larger than the blade itself it holds. And still provides enough contact area and holding power for the AC blade to accomplish its goal of removing whiskers diligently. Granted, the AC blade offers a thicker and more rigid blade to work with but, you still need enough real estate to keep that blade stable and the Vector accomplished that while simultaneously giving the razor a modern and contemporary look that at its release was ahead of its time. There are a couple now out there that have a very similar resemblance to the OG but, they still pay homage to the one that started it all. I can’t tell you how those others fair or compare to the Vector as I haven’t tried any of them nor do I have the desire to do so. I do have the Claymore EVO that shaves exceptionally well but, it’s still different from the Vector and it still sports a considerable weight disadvantage to the Vector for those that prefer a lightweight whisker removing assassin. The balance of the Vector is done to near perfection with the small head profile and its light weight. Blackland managed to make it comfortable in hand and keep it very effective at every stage of one’s shave. Simple yet, effective and that’s the brilliance in its design, construction and execution.

It’s a phenomenal tool that is easy to learn and master. It sports a look that is cool today and will look cool 25 years from now. It’s a modern classic that still holds the banner for future shaving implements. Everything else that molds itself after the Vector is because of the Vector. How you like them apples?

Great shaves to all…..

6DD74774-C3D1-4A3B-9B55-784EAB508C5B.jpeg

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I found the Schick Proline are really smooth.
I personally found the guarded blades a little rough.

I have only used the Feather and Kai versions though.