Blackland Sabre?

saxtont47

Veteran
Anyone have any details on this razor...thinking if pulling the trigger case I'dke to get into SE territory and this one looks the nicest (to me). I like medium agressive DE razors (level 3.5-4 on a futur). Which plate would be best?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
You probably have your eye on the one on the BST...

If all else fails, get a Ever-Ready 1912 off eBay for peanuts. Works for me, confirms that GEM razors are very nice, and gives me time to lust after something more posh, though I must admit that for now I couldn't be happier.... Just ordered 200 PTFE blades off Connaught since they go down substantially in bulk. Feeling committed to GEMS right now.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Anyone have any details on this razor...thinking if pulling the trigger case I'dke to get into SE territory and this one looks the nicest (to me). I like medium agressive DE razors (level 3.5-4 on a futur). Which plate would be best?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
There will be a large thread or two in here somewhere that will give you plenty of info hopefully

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Plate 2 is similar to what you are looking for. And yes I would pull the trigger, well worth it IMO.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Best try a cheap GEM SE razor before you drop a lot of £££ on the Sabre. You may not like the shave feel of the GEM blade, I'm not that keen on it. The Sabre is a beauty though.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Haven’t checked the price of the one on offer and I’m sure you would get it sold on if need be, possibly at a loss. It’s by far the best looking GEM razor. That aside, in an ideal world you would try a much cheaper vintage first to verify that you like how these shave. Unless being economical is thrown overboard and you’re on an unlimited budget, obviously.

I never quite got along with the two vintage ones I tried but nevertheless pulled the trigger on a Sabre Level 2. It’s not the one I reach for most, but I believe I could dramatically improve the shaves it gives if I gave it sufficient time. In other words, not the smoothest nor the closest shaver for me currently.

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Tuesday SOTD
November 20, 2018

Blackland Sabre L2
GEM PTFE
Shavemac 400 Silvertip D01 Two Band
Mike's Natural Soaps Sweet Pumpkin Spice
Stirling Soap Co. MITA Witch Hazel & Aloe
Fine Fresh Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

halvor

a most elusive fish
Tuesday SOTD
November 20, 2018

Blackland Sabre L2
GEM PTFE
Shavemac 400 Silvertip D01 Two Band
Mike's Natural Soaps Sweet Pumpkin Spice
Stirling Soap Co. MITA Witch Hazel & Aloe
Fine Fresh Vetiver
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

Nice setup and all, but by posting this here you mean to convey that ... ? Or should it have been in the SOTD thread?