Bideford & Wickhams

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
This arrears to be a match made in heaven!

The bowls I purchased from Bideford Pottery in the group buy were forwarded to Darron @Fox at Wickhams to be filled with two 1912 soap selections. I knew I wanted Irish Fern for one, and I chose Scottish Heather for the other.
The bowls arrived today from Darron, loaded with soap, and I just could not be happier with the finished products. To say I'm over the moon would be an understatement. This project turned out better than my wildest dreams would have allowed... so much so that I thought it deserving of it's own thread./
It should come as no secret, that once being an "artisan soap curmudgeon," I'm now a lover of Wickham's 1912, for the ease of lathering, awesome scent profiles, and second to none after shave face feel.

I now have my Wickhams 1912's in bowls with the 1912 logo, so there is no guessing..

Thanks go to Darron for the soap, @Northam Saint for putting the group buy together, and the folks at Bideford Pottery for absolutely top notch hand made products!

I'm very happy with the outcome!

P.S.

The Christmas card on the right was also from Darron, and in the package. A very thoughtful addition from a great man to do business with!

 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Just what I wish would happen a little more. I'm happy to pay the premium for a good ceramic container like MWF have or indeed a wooden one can be just as nice, these could also be sent back for refills so better for the environment than plastic tubs.
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
Just what I wish would happen a little more. I'm happy to pay the premium for a good ceramic container like MWF have or indeed a wooden one can be just as nice, these could also be sent back for refills so better for the environment than plastic tubs.
So pleased they arrived in one piece.

I may contact Bideford Pottery, though I did have my heart set on something like MWF but with the 1912 logo on without all the Victorian decoration, a kind of a modern interpretation of a Chemist ceramic pot on white porcelain. I do like the handmade feel that Brideford poetry have created with Bill's pots, and I can see they will be admired by many but I will let Bill continue to enjoy he's one off's. :wink:

A project for the new year I feel. :)
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
So pleased they arrived in one piece.

I may contact Bideford Pottery, though I did have my heart set on something like MWF but with the 1912 logo on without all the Victorian decoration, a kind of a modern interpretation of a Chemist ceramic pot on white porcelain. I do like the handmade feel that Brideford poetry have created with Bill's pots, and I can see they will be admired by many but I will let Bill continue to enjoy he's one off's. :wink:

A project for the new year I feel. :)
I’m sure if you send them exactly what you want, in picture form, they will do their best to help you.

One thing I always say is the finishes vary from pot to pot. No two are ever the same, and colour wise they are somewhat limited in what they will do. The 1912 have come out very nice and no doubt make the soap that extra bit special. I think they are quite “tickled” they are so popular and well received.
 

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
So pleased they arrived in one piece.

I may contact Bideford Pottery, though I did have my heart set on something like MWF but with the 1912 logo on without all the Victorian decoration, a kind of a modern interpretation of a Chemist ceramic pot on white porcelain. I do like the handmade feel that Brideford poetry have created with Bill's pots, and I can see they will be admired by many but I will let Bill continue to enjoy he's one off's. :wink:

A project for the new year I feel. :)
Do not feel that way at all, Darron!

Mine just served as an inspiration in your quest for your own unique containers. I would be very proud to have you take my idea and run with it! Sincerely!!

BTW, I used the Irish Fern yesterday, and as expected, it was superb!
 
Top