Best Aventus Dupe Soap Stirling Executive or Wickham’s 1912 Classic 24?

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Hi,

Pretty much as the title states. I’m interested in getting my first Aventus Dupe soap and have narrowed it down to the two soaps above.

I like the performance of Wickham’s and their scents ( already own 4 tubs) but have never tried Stirling soaps.

So for people that have tried both, which do they prefer?, scent wise and performance wise?. I really don’t want to get both as I have plenty other soap as is!.

Thank You.
 
Wickham 1912 all day. Not to knock Stirling, good soaps and well priced, just Wickham smells better. Stirling when lathered has a slight "tallow" scent coming through if you know what I mean.
This may have changed though as it as a while ago. Wickham performs really well for me as well. Apricus is another great scent to check out. The scent is inspired by vintage Eau Sauvage but it smells like a cross between this and AdP Colonia to my nose.
Good luck and stay safe out there !
 
Last edited:

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Wickham 1912 all day. Not to knock Stirling, good soaps and well priced, just Wickham smells better. Stirling when lathered has a slight "tallow" scent coming through if you know what I mean.
This may have changed though as it as a while ago. Wickham performs really well for me as well. Apricus is another great scent to check out. The scent is inspired by vintage Eau Sauvage but it smells like a cross between this and AdP Colonia to my nose.
Good luck and stay safe out there !
Thank you Sir!. I just love Wickham’s Magnum, the scent is divine and so up lifting!. Irish Fern is nice as well but a different kind of scent.
 

owlman

Forum GOD!
I recently got both, and find the scents very similar. The Wickham is maybe a bit more fruity? So if you like the Wickham base and don't necessarily want to venture into the Stirling world at this point, go with the Wickham.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I copy-paste the ingredients from the Barbershop soap from Stirling:

Beef Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distillled Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerin, Fragrance Oil, Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Lanolin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate

Checking my Barbershop that I bought on 22 April 2019....
Yep, it is the same. So no change at all.

I just noticed that the price now on Maggards is a bit higher but nothing important.
 

junipertar

Forum GOD!
I copy-paste the ingredients from the Barbershop soap from Stirling:

Beef Tallow, Stearic Acid, Distillled Water, Castor Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Vegetable Glycerin, Fragrance Oil, Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Milk, Lanolin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate

Checking my Barbershop that I bought on 22 April 2019....
Yep, it is the same. So no change at all.

I just noticed that the price now on Maggards is a bit higher but nothing important.
It might be a tweak of the ratios, I also think recent Stirlings perform better than the ones I had 2-3 years ago.
 
Top