Bay rum choices

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I had a bottle of Lucky Tiger and really did not like it. The scent was fine. It was sticky, though. There's glycerine, or something in the mix. I think it's also in Jeris Musk. If you've tried Myrsol aftershaves or Meissner Tremonia, it's that kind of sticky. More so than Floid. It's obviously in there as a skin softener or feeder, or something, but it's not something that I like at all ...

... on the opposite end, Pinaud VIBR is highly alcoholic and burns like a beauty!

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
The bay rum that I really liked, in both aftershave and cologne, was Ogallala, in blue glass bottles. I managed to get hold of some in a roundabout way, years ago, but it's not sold outside North America and, despite begging the maker to get it over here, nothing came of it.

I've seen reasonable reports of the Layrite, but have yet to find any.

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
The bay rum that I really liked, in both aftershave and cologne, was Ogallala, in blue glass bottles. I managed to get hold of some in a roundabout way, years ago, but it's not sold outside North America and, despite begging the maker to get it over here, nothing came of it.

Ogallals was my go to Bay Rum ,Have a small amount left but going gently with it

slapo

It's... alive!

The cologne seems to be around:

The soap isn't bad either:

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
The cologne seems to be around:

The soap isn't bad either:
Yes that's the Rum I've used ,Lovely stuff

Tyke121

Forum GOD!
What's the longevity like on the Pinaud? Is it more like a Cologne? I quite like some of Pinaud's fragrances so I could be tempted.
To be honest I cant remember buf I know I used it all which isnt something I usually do ,I had a thing about Bay rums and had a lot years ago ,Have a few Holiday's in Canada where my wifes from and in that area they used it a lot ,Just reminds me of been over there again ,I'm English but homesick for Canada lol